Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I'm trying to troubleshoot a stalling issue I currently have. After I let the car warm up and go into closed loop I put the car into drive, with one foot on brake and then with the other put the gas to the floor this causes the car to immediately stall. Looking at DirectScan I see the TPS at 4.86, the boost dc is at 99.6% however I see that the EGR dc stays at 0.0% and the highest reading the MAF gets is 14 g/s. I have the extender chip and the translator installed and the MAF lset up looks like a 3" version (I just picked this car up and still trying to figure out all the parts on the car.) I'm wondering if the MAF reading is low. I did a search on MAF and saw much higher readings, but wasn't sure what MAF setup they were running. Let me know if anyone out there has a similar set up and might have come across a stalling issue. :headbang:

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
ack123 said:
Hi all, I'm trying to troubleshoot a stalling issue I currently have. After I let the car warm up and go into closed loop I put the car into drive, with one foot on brake and then with the other put the gas to the floor this causes the car to immediately stall.
That's not a problem, once you hit the stall speed of the converter, and the car isn't moving, it will stall, unless you have an extremely loose converter (high slippage).

All you want is a *high idle*, and *some boost* to launch.

·
It's me, really
1,892 Posts
I'm reading stall to mean quit or die in this case. Lots of cars experience tip-in stumble which might be the case here except extreme. Check for 10 -15 IAC counts hot in park with .42 TPS at the same time.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the replies, it appears that the IAC counts are a steady 0 in closed loop with the coolant temp @ 145*F (MAT is 80*F) ,TPS is at .46, MAF 4 g/s and RPM is 935. One other note, I have a fuel pressure gauge tapped into the fuel rail and fuel pressure is at 42psi. From reading other posts here it appears that 42 psi is a decent level for fuel pressure, considering this is a stock block with some add on performance upgrades. If anyone has any suggestions that I could check they are all greatly appreciated. :headbang:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts