Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Resident Embraer Driver
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not happy with the local machine shops in my area near buffalo. They have had one to many chances with me.
Can anybody recomend sombody within a couple hundered miles of me, mabye NYC or NJ?
I wont mind making a drive to have the work done right.

Joe

·
Registered
92 Posts
theres a guy in framigham ma all he does is gn/ttypes the name of it is strictly turbos it may be a little far for u thow.

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
Joe, maybe Ed can put you on to a legit operation, otherwise, a call to Eric S might be helpful.

·
Resident Idiot
11,462 Posts
Hey Joe, I never did see the pictures of your disaster. Email them to me if you get a chance...

Is Rons Custom Auto still open in NJ? Found him in the 'Vendors Index'

Also we met a great guy Shawn O'conner from PA while in Bristol. Don't know how far he is but he would be able to hand the task.

Whomever you find, make sure they know what they are doing! Buick V6 experience is a must or else you'll end up with big clearances, low oil pressure and a cooked motor frown

·
Registered
121 Posts
skip in syracuse, he did mine, larrys, and some other club members cars. Just call Mark B and ask him, he will point you in the right direction.

or jack cotton.

<small>[ November 25, 2003, 12:45 PM: Message edited by: kturch ]</small>

·
Fuhgeddaboudit
18,613 Posts
Rons and Merkel split up a few months ago. I would not let and infomercial article in a magazine guide me to a good machine shop. Do a search on both boards about Rons/Merkel work. Jack Cotton is probably the closest and best to you. He mainly uses RPE to do all his machine work. I only hear good coming out of that shop. If you want to come down the NYC let me know. There are some good shops down here too.

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
RPE..... Harford.

·
JR still sucks!
5,004 Posts

·
2 GN's = No money!!
5,116 Posts
Joe,

Back in spring of 1991 we had our engine built at Gor-Den Racing Engines and we have been happy with it. They are in West Seneca and their phone number is (was?) (716) 674-2700.

I don't know what their work is like now but back in 1991 we were happy and the price was reasonable.

·
Resident Idiot
11,462 Posts
Hey Paul, you still running that same motor from 1991??? If so I think I'll start taking my stuff up there too! :D

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
Damm forgot the T and the State. wink

RPE in Hartford, CT.

·
2 GN's = No money!!
5,116 Posts
Orlando_87GN:
Hey Paul, you still running that same motor from 1991??? If so I think I'll start taking my stuff up there too! :D
Mike that car (GN #1) was raced extensively from 1991 till 1995 and it hasn't been raced since, it only has a "few" street passes on it since. The engine probably has ~450 passes on it and a bit of street driving. All passes were in the low 12 second bracket down to our best of 11.38.

Once I get my 2nd GN running properly then I can focus on GN #1 a little more.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts