Turbo Buicks banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
Not enuf capacity. These kits pump a lot of alky when they spray. Those little plastic tanks are not much use....For something around $100, you can get an aluminum tank that looks better and works better....A hundred here, and a hundred there....after awhile, you can get into real money...:eek!:

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
U can also be a cheap arse and use a 1-2 gallon plastic gas tank. Been working great for 3 years on my setup. I've seen some local guys using plastic riding lawn mower fuel tanks as well. Some even have a low level switch built in. Sure not as cool as those SS tanks though!

I'd also suggest a low level light and an inline pressure switch so you know your getting flow out the nozzle.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Not enuf capacity. These kits pump a lot of alky when they spray. Those little plastic tanks are not much use....For something around $100, you can get an aluminum tank that looks better and works better....A hundred here, and a hundred there....after awhile, you can get into real money...:eek!:
Is it a good idea to use an alum tank with methanol?

·
OK! Who Farted Again??
17,850 Posts
one nozzle will be fine for a 11/12 sec car :yup:
Dan at what point is a dual nozzle needed? 10.90-11.00 or about maybe 600 HP? Do you run a dual nozzle? Thanks!

·
Registered
26 Posts
With 26# boost and 93-octane, I would not be trusting my engine to anything but straight meth. Why spend all that $$ to have an engine capable of making that power then risk it to save a few $$$?

Maybe I am missing something.
No reason to waste the meth. First step on meth is deciding what you are fighting. Is it latent heat? Or is it compression ratio. Water removes much more heat then meth can.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts