Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have ordered the LT1 MAF Translator and LTI MAF. I have a factory stock MAF that is not maxing out at 255/gps at WOT. It usually reads 230-240/GPS. I hope to take care of a problem and hopefully will get a performance increase with the larger opening on the LT1 sensor. I would like to hear from anyone who has upgraded to the LT1 MAF? What kind of performance improvement did you notice.

My TTA currently turns [email protected] in the quarter, with the "bum" MAF sensor. Hopefully with better sensor readings and improved airflow, I will get an increase in horsepower.

I am wondering I have Caspers 7 position Ultrachip in the car right now, so I have some tuning choices. I am not a diehard racer, but a weekend warrior, so with that in mind, I wonder if it would be prudent/or a waste of money to upgrade the Translator Plus for an extra $100?

Mark
Eagle River, AK

·
Registered
295 Posts
Where are you planning on getting the LT1 MAF? I have a carpped out MAF too. Not only does it not read 255, it actually drops even as RPM is building and under full boost and WOT!

I wish I could swap with someone in my area, just to make sure it's the problem instead of just buying a new MAF and spending $300 on a "shot in the dark".

1 - 3 of 3 Posts