Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please help me out here because I am confused on this issue. What is the advantage of going to the LT1 3.5 MAF sensor? What do I need to install one of these other than the sensor?
I see guys running a translater and translater plus, what is the difference here. I would really like to get rid of the old delco sensor and install one of these, more air would be nice. Thanks.
Brad

------------------
Ready to Play! Brad Thompson,1987 GN T-top,new GNX takeoff turbo from ASC,CASV4,65mm AccuFab plenum,65mm PTE TB, Jay Carter Alky Kit with Plennum Stealth Injection Plate, Walboro 340, 42.5# Lucas 009's, Jay Carter Street chip, ATR 8.5mm race wires, braided fuel and turbo oil feed lines, ATR cold air kit, 14" K&N filter,fully Kirban Braced, ATR 3" downpipe with 3" high flow cat and crossover, Ported turbo exhust housing with Jett-Hot coating. Hooker supercomp 2.5 dual exhaust, rear exit, Jett-Hot coated ATR header, Aluminum underdrive pully, Custom Mallory Billet alternator pulley, fully gauged, Caspers knock gauge, 16" GNX wheels, BF Goodrich Comp TA ZR's, shaft loop, pinion snubber, 4-core rad with high volume pump, manual fan controller, GNX O2 sensor, Art Carr shift kit with deep aluminum finned pan, B&M transcooler, Eastern Performance rail mounted Fuel pressure gauge with tap, ATR intercooler air deflector, Viper keyless entry and security. Boost set at a confident 22# (with Alcohol) on 94 Octane Sunoco ** In the works, a custom 2.75" Carbon Fiber intercooler to throttle body uppipe** mailto:[email protected][email protected]</A>

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
The #1 reason is that the original MAF is not ava anymore & remans are not reliable. The trans plus is more tuneable" Not to mention that there is more air volume coming threw the bigger LT1 MAF.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts