Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Older--but Getting Wiser
2,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After returning from several weeks trips "up North", finally got the car up on ramps & pulled flywheel/convertor cover plate for further investigation of my knocking/scraping/etc. noises (seemed to be coming from lower part of engine).

Found ALL THREE CONVERTOR BOLTS LOOSE--3 turns, 1 turn & 1/2 turn. Tightened all, started engine & wallah==quiet (I can even hear my lifters now).

Removed each, Loctited, & retightened (double-wrenched). I guess when "the tranny shop" rebuilt my tranny & converter & re-installed several years ago, they did not either tighten enuf or did not use Loctite-type product.

I'm sharing this info with others and adding to my "lessons learned" file--for my "older, but getting wiser" embelishment,,,

·
Banned
1,289 Posts
Cool! Does that mean you will have it up here in August?

I should have my turbo by then so we can go tear up the streets :headbang:

·
Older--but Getting Wiser
2,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Naah--bride wouldn't go for it--esp. since cruise control not yet working. Will probably make the trip in the family Freestyle cruiser. Hope to see ya mid-August. Monte

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.