Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I WAS DOWN THE TRACK THE OTHER DAY AND AFTER I RUN I ALWAYS RECALL MY O2'S AND THEY WERE NEVER THIS LOW EVER. THRY WERE 660, 500, 320 AND TO COMING HOME TODAY I GOT ON IT AND THEY WERE ALSO VERY LOW. IS MY O2 SENSOR BAD? I HAVE BEEN RUNNING ALOT OF RACE GAS LATELY.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
FORGOT TO TELL YOU GUYS ONE THING, WITH O2'S THIS LOW IT SHOULD BE KNOCKING LIKE CRAZY, RIGHT? WELL I ONLY GET 1.7 DEG. OR SOMETIMES NO KNOCK AT ALL WHICH LEAVES ME TO BELIEVE ITS GETTING ENUFF FUEL. WHAT ELSE SHOULD I CHECK FOR?

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
you do know that leaded race gas kills o2 sensors in a hurry?

·
TTA#219
1,587 Posts
Must Be some crazy Jersey Thing.. :p ,My o2's were really low also under Wot..And I also didn't have any KR..And I Put in a brand new Delco o2,And had the exact same results..Oh well...Guess just one of those unexplained Mysteries dunno

·
Fuhgeddaboudit
18,613 Posts
Race gas will kill the O2 sensor. All O2 readings after 5 minutes of running race gas are useless.
Leave the bad sensor in until you do a complete drain or 3 or 4 fill ups. Even 1 gal left will knock out the replacement sensor.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i run race gas at least once a week so iam not replacing o2 sensors every week, is it ok if i just leave the bad one in there or will it hurt my performance. i no my o2's will be way off on my scanner but i have other ways of telling if it goes lean. is this ok?

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
If you are running a conventional closed loop chip, it will make the car run very rich as an examination of the blms will show.

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
why don't you buy one of the lead resistant Denso sensors from Nick Micale so you will have consistent performance.

·
Fuhgeddaboudit
18,613 Posts
Get an EGT setup. Also rely on your knock gauge/alarm for tuning and not O2's. The bad O2 will only effect idle and normal driving. It is not used for WOT performance.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i would like to get one of those lead resistant 02 sensors and also an egt guage because i heard they can be very helpful. who sells them and how much? your right steve blm are way rich.

·
Fuhgeddaboudit
18,613 Posts
Nick Micale sells the Denso leadproof O2 sensors. I bought my EGT setup from
http://www.ifamilysoftware.com/egt.html for $169. It's a great unit. If you buy a different unit make sure it has a peak hold function and it's digital.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts