Turbo Buick Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
I'm the Best!
14,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
guys what can i do to run low 13's in street trim? i'm gettin my injectors in soon (i hope) along with the turbo.. what else can i do?

·
I'm the Best!
14,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol this is where i get dificult... i dont want alky or water

·
I want a Z06
6,024 Posts
Just taking the CAT of a totally stock GN should put it into the 13s. If your running 17psi with no CAT how can you NOT be in the 13s on pumpgas?

Are you telling me with all the mods you have your car is slower than stock? dunno dunno

·
I'm the Best!
14,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
my cat is gutted. in pure street trim my car will do 13.50's i want to be down in the 13.10's in street trim

·
Retired
1,966 Posts
ET is all about traction. period. You can go about it in two ways. Get a set of sticky tires, or run your slippery street tires, and do whatever it takes to make a lot more HP to try and make up the difference after launch.

You'll notice Grannynational when to the low 13's but look at his mods. See what I mean.

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
GT100 and more boost. :)

Actually alky. is the best bet and you can get into the 12's on drag radials. powersix :cool:

·
I'm the Best!
14,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i mean in 16psi of boost and 93oct

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
50 shot's about the only way, maybe ET streets might help too.

Good luck. :)

·
Fuhgeddaboudit
18,613 Posts
13.50 at LI Dumpway equals about 13.30 at any other track in the country. Lay off the pasta and pastry for awhile and you should hit 13.10 wink

·
I'm the Best!
14,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ULYCYC:
13.50 at LI Dumpway equals about 13.30 at any other track in the country. Lay off the pasta and pastry for awhile and you should hit 13.10 wink
i havnt ate pasta in like a week and pastry.. well how can you resist???

anywya so if i can cut a 1.7x 60' think i can do low 13.20s?

·
aka: mOtOrHeAd MiKe
6,603 Posts
Get propane. :D

Or just run more fuel and more air and more intercooling.

Dump more weight.

I'd be closer to the low 13s with traction and being able to launch with more than 1-2psi of boost. But, whatever. I am still turning 104mph with extra gear, short tires, and a tight non-L/U convertor.

·
Registered
80 Posts
What was your mph in your sig times? Your car just needs to be tuned.

10 years ago I went [email protected] on 93 octane. My mods were 200 cam, open dump, Hoosiers on 17 psi. Later after adding a TA49, ATR DP/WG and bluetops, I went [email protected] on 93 on old radials with boost control problems through the mufflers. Did nothing to it at the track but lift the hood. If you want to run fast on radials, practice alot at the track on radials! The last time I ran on radials it went [email protected] on 13 psi.

·
I'm the Best!
14,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

·
I'm the Best!
14,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
the times in my sig are at 104 with my lubrant street chip (93oct 20* timing) and with a killer launch.. the mph was 104. for some resion my mph is always off. i want to do low 13's on all stock parts

1 - 20 of 33 Posts