Turbo Buick Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I took my car out for a test drive today, I mashed the gas and took it to 80 mph. The car hauled a&*, when I checked out the scanmaster the o2's were in the upper 400's WOW!!! I had posted a statement about this problem I was having a week ago. Some guys asked me what my fuel pressure reading was at my boost level I was running and did not know because I was not running one on my windshield. I now got one and the fuel pressure is reading 65 psi fuel pressure at 22# of boost. My fuel pressure is set at 43# line off. I have not changed my o2 sensor yet but it is only a year old and I only drive the car twice a year. I have used 3 gallons of leaded gas and toluene sometimes but that would not foul it out that quick would it? I have razors alky kit and I am seeing no knock at all at 22# boost. Why would the 02's be reading so low, and another question if the 02's are that low and I was running that lean the car should knock hard and fall on it's face right? :dunno:

·
Resident Slut
5,477 Posts
YES, It maybe the alky ..with out a wide band 02 we will never know. :dunno:

·
Growing my Mullet!
2,646 Posts
Narrow Band 02 readings are worthless. I was once a believer that you could tune a car with a narrow band - until I bought a wide band!

Stop guessing if it's rich or lean.....

·
Registered
588 Posts
Jeremy...did you just add the wb sensor? or was it utilized last season with all your mid 11sec runs?

:)

·
Growing my Mullet!
2,646 Posts
buickv6 said:
Jeremy...did you just add the wb sensor? or was it utilized last season with all your mid 11sec runs?

:)
Just added it this year :)

It's worth the $300 I paid for it! No more guessing on the tune.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts