Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1986 Buick Grand National
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick intro - I am up in Ottawa, Canada and having difficulty finding any support/mechanics who
know anything about Grand Nationals.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Lost in the Canadian North. No support in Ottawa Canada.

I have a 1986 Grand National, original owner that needs some tender loving care.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The 1986 Grand National was a family car and has the original paint still, which for Ottawa, Canada is probably
very good.

If I read the entry right I have to post 5 times and I think this maybe number 3.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Even though I am long on the tooth this is my first attempt at joining a forum and posting so if I am no
doing right please let me known.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Final intro - from the lost post I cannot type either. No should have been Not.

Nitty gritty - I am in my 70's, spent 28 years in the Canadian Military and another 21 years working
at the same job as a civilian.

I ordered the 1986 before the car magazines tested them and waited 8 months, during which time the dealer was continually phoning me to cancel the order. It is a solid roof with a/c, am radio, no power seats or
windows with the only options being a power antenna and remote trunk release. I am not sure whether the rear window
defrost was an option or not.

This configuration maybe a one of but I have not been able to confirm this.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have reached out to Dennis Kirban and He did not know of anyone to support me in this area.
A number of years ago I was able to find a mechanic in Toronto, Ken Seggie, who did some work for me.

New turbo upgrade, new fuel injector upgrade, intercooler outlet mod, fuel pump upgrade and fuel pressure regulator.
I think that was all but I cannot find the receipts.

Before all that a 3" exhaust from cat back was installed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts