Turbo Buick Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got my car back from the body shop after more than two months due to an accident. boost level now reads 9lbs max. should i use some xylene? or give him a tune-up? systems checked out fine from what i was told. :dunno:

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
What was it running before? Maybe your boost solenoid failed. They are usually a fail safe and that sounds about the boost level it would fail to. Or you could have a plugged vent. :dunno:

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
Who told you the systems checked out fine?

what kind of body work was being performed?

What was the mileage on the car when you picked it up as compared to when you dropped it off?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
readings done by body shop. front end collision. front clip, 9k worth of damage. boost was at 11lbs. prior to accident. just over 40k original miles. mileage didn't change much at all after accident.

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
Even 11 sounds a little low. Stock boost is around 13. Do you have an actual boost gauge or are you reading it off the Knight Rider lights? It is possible that the boost didn't change or is actually more as a result of the crash. You might have a small crack in one of the lines which would make the boost gauge read less. Just a thought.

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
if they were under the hood, you need to check everything out :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
boost gauge mounted on a pillar. i have to take the car back for some more work on the body. idiots put a hood ornament on the car. parts were from an 84 t type.

·
Retired
1,966 Posts
forzfed said:
Even 11 sounds a little low. Stock boost is around 13. Do you have an actual boost gauge or are you reading it off the Knight Rider lights? It is possible that the boost didn't change or is actually more as a result of the crash. You might have a small crack in one of the lines which would make the boost gauge read less. Just a thought.
Actually, the original stock (non-adjustable) wastegate actuator springs were rated at 10#.
Differences above and below that were usually a result of variations in the stock and aftermarket boost gauges.

·
Not a Democrat any more..
15,681 Posts
gnlvr said:
readings done by body shop. front end collision. front clip, 9k worth of damage. boost was at 11lbs. prior to accident. just over 40k original miles. mileage didn't change much at all after accident.
idiots put a hood ornament on the car. parts were from an 84 t type.

when you say mileage did not change much how much is much....also the example of puting the wrong parts on would lead me to think they might not "know" about these cars...and how did they "test" it

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
they themselves did not test the car. it was taken to a mechanic. alignment neede to be done there as well. mileage was within 10 miles if memory serves. i know the mechanic shop test drove the car after its work was completed. collision was mainly on drivers side front end. so it might be possible something with electrical wiring like what was suggested. parts came from speedway auto out here in pheonix.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts