Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
"High Boost" Plug Wires
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for intakes for a 1987 gn. Seen alot in pictures but can't find any companies making them. New to the gn and having trouble finding aftermarket parts. Thanks for any help

·
Registered
13,053 Posts
Champion makes one .. of course you can have a sheet metal one made to ... how fast you plan on goin ?? :dunno:

·
"High Boost" Plug Wires
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thinking about 10's. Tell me about sheet metal!

·
Registered
955 Posts
You can run 9's on a ported stock intake and even the ported stock TB. Your quest for 10's can be done with ported stock heads/intake and larger turbo quite easily.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
blackgn1 said:
Thinking about 10's. Tell me about sheet metal!
sheetmetal runs a little over 2500$ for a bare intake from hogan i beleive.
http://www.hogansracingmanifolds.com/

www.mpefab.com mease makes them too but he takes a while to make it

the champion race ready intake is around 800$- inclides fuel rails no throttle body

or you can do a core exchange program like champion has- you buy their ported stock intake and send yours to whoever you bought it from wich is around 300$- im just going off of memeory

www.cottonsperformance.com has the champions

you also have an upper intake- the champion 800$ one and the sheetmetals youll have it- but with the core exchange i think youll have to get a new doghouse to optimize performance

what other mods are done to your car? this is one of the later things youll need to do

·
"High Boost" Plug Wires
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Is this porting something a person can do themselves? I have done a honda engine and a s-10 blazer. How precise does this job have to be or is it better the let professionals do this type of work? I am just getting started. Just got the car and it is still stock. I have an Impalla SS and have just always wanted a GN. I am new to the turbo and need alot of help from people who know this engine.

·
2 GN's = No money!!
5,116 Posts
blackgn1 said:
Is this porting something a person can do themselves? I have done a honda engine and a s-10 blazer. How precise does this job have to be or is it better the let professionals do this type of work? I am just getting started. Just got the car and it is still stock. I have an Impalla SS and have just always wanted a GN. I am new to the turbo and need alot of help from people who know this engine.

blackgn1,

If you are new to these cars, go to this website and read, read, read.

www.gnttype.org

after that then go into the recipes section located at:

http://www.gnttype.org/techarea/recipes/recipepage.html

and decide from there how fast you want your car to go and what you want to do to it.

Good luck it is a fun ride, :cheers:

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
The stock intake is good into the 10s, and it takes a lot of other mods to get that fast. So, the intake is something you can worry about after you get used to the car and the engine. No need to touch it for a while.

·
"High Boost" Plug Wires
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the help everyone

1 - 9 of 9 Posts