Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Scott
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to get a new FPR. Just wondering what everyone recommends. It is basically a bone stock car, but will be upgrading slowly so I want to plan ahead. Looking for something reasonable priced. I would like to get one with a -6an fitting or something i could actually thread an adapter into.

I was at Summit and he showed a universal unit for like $60 sounded too good to be true.

Doesn't the FPR have to be boost compatible??

Any information gladly appreciated.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Fpr......

Accufab....Billet Adjustable....will help you with tuning and keeping an eye on fuel pressure down the road....
110 or 100 bucks from Full Throttle
Good Luck
SJCIV

·
Registered
659 Posts
Ed hit it on the head with my sentiments too. Support a Turbo Regal vendor. You have two nearby with SE Turbo and Poston (less shipping charges).

·
Scott
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was thinking of the Accufab all along but just wanted to be sure. I went ahead and ordered from Postons, I have ordered from them in the past and got the parts super fast.

Just wierd the FPR was $119 and the shipping on these huge item all the way from Alabama to me in Georgia was $35!

I hit confirm with out looking at the shipping costs. I will not do that again.

Thanks once again!

·
Fuhgeddaboudit
18,613 Posts
Scott-N-GA said:
I was thinking of the Accufab all along but just wanted to be sure. I went ahead and ordered from Postons, I have ordered from them in the past and got the parts super fast.

Just wierd the FPR was $119 and the shipping on these huge item all the way from Alabama to me in Georgia was $35!

I hit confirm with out looking at the shipping costs. I will not do that again.

Thanks once again!
$35 sounds high? Are you sure you didn't hit "next day or two day express" shipping?

·
Scott
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I really never seen shipping options at all.

Last parts I ordered from them was over the phone. I actually ordered a DP and that was a big box and I don't think the shipping was over $35 for it.

Guess when It gets here I will now how and why it is so much.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Poston usually has very reasonable shipping. I am too in GA and it's never high and regular ground never takes more than 2 days from Poston. You had to have selected a higher shipping option. Why not give them a call to discuss? You may have $ coming back to you. They are good folks and will do what is right. Now, on the other hand, if you were talking about Year One; I would have believed you! Y1 will also put an itty bitty part in a bigger box just to increase weight. I stopped buying parts from them years ago. Too many other vendors who won't gouge you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.