Turbo Buick Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have one kicking around that they are willing to sell? I would take the whole power master setup if the price is right. :yup:

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Powermaster

Hi Mike,

I am starting to experience the "hard pedal" on my Powermaster. I don't know if something was done wrong when I got a full brake job but that is when it started. I am not even bothering to do any of the troubleshooting etc since I have a Vaccuum system that I have had to install for 2 years now and this is incentive enough. I have changed both the ball and switch though I would have to check my records to tell you exactly when.

I am not sure if this is what you are looking for??

You can pm me.

Take care,

Ravi :cheers:

·
decaf is for kids
410 Posts
A good/knowladgable guy to ask for help, parts or a p.m. rebuild is John Stuart. Check him out: www.johnstuartpowerbrake.com - or call 1-800-309-1995 He's out of Stoney Creek
I had a good experience with him in the past.
Last time I checked, his prices to rebuild a p.master were cheaper than looking for used/new parts...
-Andrew :6:

·
Registered
368 Posts
Just don't buy John stuarts Vacum conversion kit. I had 3 boosters and 2 master cylinders that were rebuilt by him that were all bad. finaly gave up and bought new stuff!!! :dunno: Maybe its just my luck but I have heard similar stories from other people

·
decaf is for kids
410 Posts
KentC said:
Just don't buy John stuarts Vacum conversion kit. I had 3 boosters and 2 master cylinders that were rebuilt by him that were all bad. finaly gave up and bought new stuff!!! :dunno: Maybe its just my luck but I have heard similar stories from other people
Could be. :dunno: But if you are looking for a local guy, it won't hurt to take a look at what he offers.
-Andrew :6:

·
Registered
501 Posts
hi
try taking the electrical connector to the brake motor off, spray wd 40 in it, plug it back in worked for me
yes, im still around, no gn, but a LT1 roadmaster instead
dan

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ravi let me borrow a used unit he had. I am going to install it this weekend and hope it works. I am not feeling the vaccum brake deal. I have run the electric brakes for 20 years with no problems, so I am going to stay with the stock stuff.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts