Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been having a little trouble hitting full boost. It only hits around 10 or 11. The car is all stock except the exhaust and filter. i do have an aftermarket boost gauge and its the one i go by. I tried to hook a vacuum line up tuner style (compressor to wastegate) and it still didnt go past 10. I thought it might be the wastegate. So i replaced it and it didnt help.Any suggestions on what to try next?

Thanks,
Dan

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
1) Remove the hose from the compressor port and see if the boost rises past 10# when you stand on it. Be PREPARED to get your foot off the gas instantly if it does...and I mean instantly! :)

If it does, then you either have a plumbing problem in the original set up...or the wastegate rod needs to be shortened....generally, when going tuner style, the rod has to be shortened quite a bit.

2) If it does not go past ten, then take the catalytic converter off and give it a shot...if the exhaust is restricted, it will not make boost.

3) pull the inlet hose off the turbo and examine the compressor wheel...make sure the blades are not damage and the shaft spins freely. It should not have much side to side movement,and the in/out play should be almost nil.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have no cat on the car.I had a few cracks in the driver side manifold but got them fixed and the exhaust has no audible leaks. Right now i am cleaning the intercooler with gas and it does not seem to be very oily or dirty. A few weeks ago the vacuum line came off the compressor and the boost went crazy. I caught it and fixed it before it hurt anything. I replaced all the lines going from the compressor to the solenoid and to the wastegate. The wastegate that i put on was a stock one so the arm shouldnt matter right. Im gonna check the compressor wheel and i get back to you.

Thank alot
Dan

·
Keep the Rubber Side Down
1,161 Posts
Got the little "Y" in there correctly? I guess that is moot if you already bypassed it with the same results....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.