Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Back in Hiding
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am an owner of a 87 GN. I am currently out of the country for the next 7 months and looking for places that can rebuild the GN for me while I am away. I have the car in a friends care, but they can't handle the tasks at hand. There is some restoration to be done first. I have half finished body work I started and I need to resolve the problem with the rear gears grinding. Any suggetions?

I also posted this on the Central Florida site. I need word from some local boys, but they don't seem to check the Florida site.

·
Resident Idiot
11,462 Posts
Take it to KDKPerformance in Orlando and it will be in good hands. Tell him TurboBuicks.com sent ya! usa

·
Back in Hiding
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Will they be able to take care of my simple restoration as well as a engine rebuild? I'm looking to create a 11 sec street car. Well, at least the closest thing I can get while I'm gone at least.

·
Resident Idiot
11,462 Posts
Yes, Kevin is very experienced with what you are asking.

·
Mine's BIGGER than yours!
296 Posts
Use EXTREME care in having Cal Hartline do your work. I had to spend another $3000 to have my engine rebuilt after giving him $4000 and 8 MONTHS to do mine first. There are also several Stage 2 guys who almost had their engines ruined by Cal and he refuses to stand behind anything he or his machine shop does. JUST be warned. Write me privately if you want any details. If you are anywhere near South Florida, Jeff in Pompano does great work.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts