Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have these units on their car? Like or dont like? What gauges should i pop in? I was thinking oil temp and oil pressure? Any other ideas and do i need them? What about the passenger pillar molding....anywhere i can get a new unit? Might as well do both at the same time....i dont want a brand new pillar post on one side then an older 14 yr sold one on the other.....nowhere near new condition. Thxs.

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
Lotek pillars are nice I have one works great, get a vacuum/boost combination gauge and a knock detector or scan tool as the first purchases. Also get yourself a spare MAF sensor, coil pack, drive belt and radiator hoses if you will be driving it daily, just toss them in a tool box in the trunk.

------------------
WE4, Daily Driver, PTE51, 43lb. Bosch, THDP race cat., Postons Headers, 21/2"SS Ultraflows and pipes, MM93chip, Bilsteins, Airbags/snubber,D40M2, 307 adj.reg./ gauges,scamaster,BSTC,small stuff too.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok sounds good where can i get this stuff? Any big name aftermarket companies carry these parts? i keep hearing a big need for a boost gauge .....why?
Originally posted by paulandmarion:
Anyone have these units on their car? Like or dont like? What gauges should i pop in? I was thinking oil temp and oil pressure? Any other ideas and do i need them? What about the passenger pillar molding....anywhere i can get a new unit? Might as well do both at the same time....i dont want a brand new pillar post on one side then an older 14 yr sold one on the other.....nowhere near new condition. Thxs.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Boost gauge is important for tuning as well

------------------
J. Cruz

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
I use the lotek pillar, I thought it was kinda hard to install but nice, As for gauges I use the combo boost (Autometer makes a 30 PSI) and Fuel PSI (just for referrence, I wouldn't set PSI with it, but it'll tell you if somethings REALLY wrong) Then for knock the Conley's Tat-L-Tale is cheaper and easier to use when racing, I like to look where I'm going.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I Like the Autometer Boost guage too.
While idleling you cn see if there are any leaks in the hoses.Definetly get a knock decter. The info you where given so far is dead on. Good Luck. Watch that boost.
Also I use a T'Link to tune. That's your chose. Hope this helped. If you want ot e-me feel free to do so.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
what about the gauges should i go with mechanical or electrical?
Originally posted by paulandmarion:

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
Many vendors sell pods that fit on the front of the console area and hold two gauges. Good place for a volt gauge and water temp. gauge. Kirban has them and I think Postons does too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts