Turbo Buicks banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to install a Hurst line-lock, S-10 cylinders and large brake shoes. Any tips on mounting,wiring or brake bleeding would be appreciated. Will I need a proportioning valve to safely drive this on the street and not have the rear brakes lock up?

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts

·
Whats that thing ?
2,650 Posts
Get ready to look at your break light coming on/off. Previous owner of my GN put in a line lock and I have intermittant brake light that comes and goes when you hit the break. All attempts to figure this out have been unsuccesful. I am told the line lock screws with some sensor that sends a false positive, which in turn, sets the brake light on. Breaks are great, but light is annoying. Light bulb is coming out next time I get the initiative.

·
2 GN's = No money!!
5,116 Posts
jdodman,

Something sounds funny. I have a linelock on one of my cars and the only time the light comes on is when I use the line lock. Regular driving has never made the light come on, something seems wrong. Hopefully you can get it fixed.

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts

·
Fuhgeddaboudit
18,613 Posts
Same here. When I engage my linelock the brake light comes on. I think it's great. It saved me the trouble of wiring in a light for the linelock :)

·
Registered
10,284 Posts
Steve Wood:
Mine were okay until I went to vacuum, then the rears wanted to lock...after doing several loops down a slightly wet hwy in 5 o'clock traffic.
Showoff.Probably smiled at the other drivers when he did it. :D

·
2 GN's = No money!!
5,116 Posts
The Radius Kid:
Probably crapped your pants at the other drivers when you did it. D [/QB]
I heard that Steve Wood was leaving skid marks when this happened. :p :p

·
Registered
10,284 Posts
TWIN86GNS:
The Radius Kid:
Probably crapped your pants at the other drivers when you did it. D
I heard that Steve Wood was leaving skid marks when this happened. :p :p [/QB]
I hope they wren't in his underwear! :D

·
It's me, really
1,892 Posts
My light doesn't come on. However, my line lock is installed after the prop valve. I'd bet that an install on the inner fender just off the master cylinder can cause this. It is impeding flow to the prop valve and causing an imbalance, thus the prop valve switch is sensing it and voila, the light comes on. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :D

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts

·
Whats that thing ?
2,650 Posts
JohnLarkin,
You may have hit on it. It is on the fender well right off the master cylinder...

·
Registered
819 Posts
If you're going to install a line lock, what do you need S-10 brakes cylinders and larger brake shoes? Just curious.

·
Registered
10,284 Posts
jdodman:
JohnLarkin,
You may have hit on it. It is on the fender well right off the master cylinder...
I believe he did. :)

·
Registered
819 Posts
Doh..please disregard my earlier remarks. You did say line lock and not transbrake. Woke up this morning dumber than usual. Must have been that 12 pack of Corona.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I have line loc hooked up right at master cylinder and the brake light comes on with line loc..but never while driving.. I have S-10 wheel cylinders and 4 large brake shoes and alumn. drums. holds 12lbs boost at line with a 3000 stall convertor.. combo seems to work great.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts