Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I am so close to being finished... Having boost control issues now, thought it was my BC so I went to Summit and got the Turbonetics adjustable BC to match up with all my other stuff, same problem, boost goes all the way to 30lbs, I turn boost all the way down and it still goes there just much slower, turn up and it goes there just much faster...any suggestions?..Thanks! Also I've double checked all my connections from what I believe is accurate and vacuum lines are new.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nevermind, I think my waste gate is stuck, everything is internal so I can't move nothing back in fourth to check, this morning I take it apart and WD40 the heck out of it. I will conclude this post for reference.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Things I have found...I have a small area of exposed actuator rod in this evolution waste gate so I marked it with dab of white out for movement....plugged my air hose to the actuator side and brought up the psi from 0, the rod doesn't move till I hit 20PSI!!!! Hell like who need a boost controller, it pops open quickly at 24 psi. Know wonder I couldn't bring down my boost pressure! Ok so I'm guessing somebody loaded the spring inside with shims to do this. My question to you smart fellows out there is, am I better off just leaving a vacuum hose from the turbo pressure housing to the actuator side of the waste gate or taken a few of those shims out and using the boost controller? Boost waste gate performance would it matter?

·
OK! Who Farted Again??
17,852 Posts
Leaving it "as is" would make me nervous knowing that you really have no control over it. It may repeat 24 lbs 100 times being "stuck or shimmed" & it may not? You have Alky so 24lbs isn't a huge issue but it's still enuf Boost that bad things can happen Real Quick. I also know they can happen at 15lbs but the higher you go the better your tune needs to be. I personally don't like the idea of having no control over what my car may or may not do.
I would grab a HD wastegate for 19lbs & go from there. :yup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts