Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a computer based scanning program that I can use to monitor my friends 87 T-type. I have all the cables and equipment to scan and burn chips for my 91 Corvette, and I think most of the equipment will cross over to the slightly older Buick application. Right now I just need to scanning software for the laptop. I use TTS datamaster for my Corvette, but TTS doesn't support the turbo Buick so I am out of luck there.

Is there a computer based scanning program out there for the Buicks?

·
Premium Member
4,825 Posts
Do a search for winaldl. That should get you going if your cable matches up.

·
Retired
1,966 Posts
neat said:
I'm looking for a computer based scanning program that I can use to monitor my friends 87 T-type. I have all the cables and equipment to scan and burn chips for my 91 Corvette, and I think most of the equipment will cross over to the slightly older Buick application. Right now I just need to scanning software for the laptop. I use TTS datamaster for my Corvette, but TTS doesn't support the turbo Buick so I am out of luck there.

Is there a computer based scanning program out there for the Buicks?
Isn't your vette stuff OBD II? If so, that's why the TTS stuff doesn't support the Buick.
There are several options available. The most comprehensive of which is Direct Scan (wont run on newer laptops that run anything newer than win98se).

winaldl

do a search on scantools.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No, the Corvette's didn't go to OBD2 until 95.

TTS datamaster is an OBD1 scanning program, they just choose not to support the turbo 6 crowd for some reason.

I'll check out winaldl.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts