Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't get no KR. Most I see on my EZlink is 1 degree. But that is rare. What do I check to make sure everthing is working. What do I replace. I ordered a ESC module what else should I look for. I hit with a hammer to no avail still no knock but my casper KR gauge is telling me different. Thanks for your help.

------------------

87 Turbo T WE4 Astro Roof, TE 44,
868 Injectors, XP+ Fuel Pump, 160 Stat, 3"Down Pipe, Poston Headers and Cross Over Pipe, 2.5" Dual Exhaust, SMC Alcky Kit, 202 202 Cam, Scan Tool, Thraher 92 Chip, Reds 93 Chip, and Casper Thumb Wheel Chip, Nitto Drag Radials 275 50 15's, and Pinion Snubber
http://shanebuickwe4.homestead.com/shanewe4.html

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Coul the ESC module be bad even if I don't get a code 43? Thanks for any info.

------------------

868 Injectors, XP+ Fuel Pump, 160 Stat, 3"Down Pipe, Poston Headers and Cross Over Pipe, 2.5" Dual Exhaust, SMC Alcky Kit, 202 202 Cam, Scan Tool, Thraher 92 Chip, Reds 93 Chip, and Casper Thumb Wheel Chip, Nitto Drag Radials 275 50 15's, and Pinion Snubber

G

·
There is a simple way to test the integrity of the knock sensor.

KOEO and at 2,000 RPMs, tap lightly on the top of the block adjacant to the knock sensor. Casper's knock sensor should trigger the first few LED lites. The harder you tap, the more lites that should lite up till the audible is triggered. We strongly suggest adding the audible to Casper's wonderful guage, cause you may not always be looking at the guage.

Its a good idea to also verify this data with a good scan tool .

Paul

------------------
Ron's Custom Automotive
Certified NJ Emission Repair Facility
1-800-718-7667
GSCA # 2306 / PR Director
BCA # 26330 www.ronscustomauto.com
[email protected]

[This message has been edited by Ron Joseph (edited April 06, 2001).]

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My knock sensor works as shown by my Casper knock gauge but I get no retard on my EZlink scan tool. It stays at 0 retard. Help!!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Knock retard worked fine on my 94 Cav z24?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Any one else have any ideas to track this problem down.

------------------

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I guess not.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't know if the scanmaster has a knock counter. But that does show up on the ezlink, but the knock retard frame never shows the computer pulling timing. Some thing is wrong and I can't find it. I need some idea's as where to look. I repalced the ESC module but that was not the fix. Please help. Thanks.

------------------

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The knock count goes up but no timing retard shown on my ezlink. Ideas, ECM maybe, ESC no I repalced it with the same results. Wiring maybe but why would I get a knock count. Bad grounds, I don't know if that would cause it nothing else on the car seems to be affected.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I don't know maybe the scanmaster would show the knock retard. But the idle seems unaffected by hitting it with a hammer. I thought maybe you could tell if the engine stubled or something. Would you be able to tell if the ECM was pulling timing if you hit it with a hammmer?

[This message has been edited by TurboShane (edited April 11, 2001).]

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
TTT

·
Resident Idiot
11,462 Posts
Would you be able to tell if the ECM was pulling timing if you hit it with a hammmer?
no.

Why don't you replace your knock sensor? They are available from GM and cheap. Make sure it's torqued to 14 ft/lbs.

------------------

Stock Turbo, Stock Heads, Stock CAM, V4, MSD50's, TH DP, JayJackson 62mm TB, 16position MaxEffort Chip. 3750# with Driver
12.35 & 108.39 Street Trim
11.92 @ 111.77 Race Ready
mailto:[email protected][email protected]</A>

1 - 15 of 15 Posts