Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this Black Mass Air Pipe when I tried to install it on my stock T-type I caould not get it to fit. The pipe seem to be to long is this just me being a dumb *ss or what?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have never installed one, but I believe they are made long enough for different installments. Example: some guys have ram air, cold air kits, and different length 8" or 9" K&N air filters that place the MAF sensor in different locations. So you will have to cut yours for your application.
Just be sure you have the type of air intake you like before cutting.

------------------
DON DAVIS
[email protected]
[email protected]

[This message has been edited by INTIMIDATOR86 (edited May 22, 2001).]

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
What does not fit? Is the filter hitting the inner fender? Or is the charcoal cannister interferring with the filter. Often one can take the bolt that secures the cannister in place out, and slide the cannister over for air filter clearance.

------------------
------------------
Steve Wood

86 GN bought new, 87 T-type-81 El Camino with GN drive train-basically stock 86, 94 Caprice 9C1, 69 SS396 Camaro Convertible

·
Registered
22 Posts
If you're trying to make it fit with the original air box i don't think its going to fit.I'm pretty sure you need to use a K & N cone style filter to make it fit.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have one of those pipes. They are longer than most.
The answers you where given were good.
A) cut it down like I did.
B) move or relocate the canister.

It is also a must you use a K&N filter.
Hope that helped

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm using the stock box with the bottom off in the stock location to keep it looking original. I will cut it if I have to, but I really don't want too.
If I cut what would be the best way to do it with out messing up the black coating?

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
It is not intended for use in that manner.

If it is simply a matter of length and it would line up, otherwise, find a large diameter tubing cutter. If not, find someone with a band saw.

------------------
------------------
Steve Wood

86 GN bought new, 87 T-type-81 El Camino with GN drive train-basically stock 86, 94 Caprice 9C1, 69 SS396 Camaro Convertible

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was talking to Kirban he know my intetions and said nothing to me when I ordered it. I guess I cut I think it will be about an 1/8 off of each side and I lines up fine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts