Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
ALL BLACK EVERYTHANG!
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering if any folks out there who had their GN for a while can enlighten me on this old chip. The PO said this chip is in the car and i'd like to know a little more about it other than it controls the fan. I went to the site and the guy is now into Mustangs... So I'm figuring this is a really old chip and very obsolete...

Are there any performance characteristics?

I'm sure i'll have to replace this with one much more updated once the car is running, but figured i would get as much info as I could to know what i'm dealing with here.

·
OK! Who Farted Again??
17,852 Posts
From what I remember the chip would increase timing for either pump gas or race gas. I ran his Mag4 for a few years & thats pretty much what it did along with the fan you mentioned & it needed a 160* stat.
I would toss it & get a TurboTweak Home custom chip from Eric.

Increasing timing without proper fuel will cost you a set of headgaskets so be careful with it!

·
Registered
13,053 Posts
time to change an get a Turbo Tweak chip :headbang:

·
2 GN's = No money!!
5,116 Posts
I ran his Mag4 for a few years & thats pretty much what it did along with the fan you mentioned & it needed a 160* stat.
David,

Old age is setting in, the Mag4 was a chip from Conley's, not KB. :sw: :yup:

I'm getting old too, I had to check my old catalogues to be sure. :yup:

·
OK! Who Farted Again??
17,852 Posts
David,

Old age is setting in, the Mag4 was a chip from Conley's, not KB. :sw: :yup:

I'm getting old too, I had to check my old catalogues to be sure. :yup:
Got me!! It was from Conley but like you said I'm gettin Old so that's my excuse & I'm sticking to it!! :wink:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts