Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Gone and almost forgotten
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about hitting the Kemptvile cruise tonight, but the weather doesn't look too promising, although seems to be clearing.

Anyone ?

Rain could mean an alternative plan, sponsored by CR ?

:dunno:

·
Sunnyvale Trailer Park
490 Posts
Well indirectly yes. See we had to sit at Timmy's across the road sipping our coffee,having a bite to eat, all the while being able to take in the vastness and splendor that is the Kemptville car show.

How else could we have seen it all if we weren't a football fields length away.... :poon: .....

·
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree, the level of quality of the cars, the level of knowledge of the owners, the size of the crowd.....all those things we will definately be talking about for weeks to come.....

:6:

·
Registered
734 Posts
LOL, bastards.

I think I told you it was pretty lame. What time were you there? I drove by at around 7'ish and saw about 4 cars so I continued on over to my parents place to wash the greasy hand prints off of my car.

So, did you learn anything new about your cars or turbo buicks in general? I always do when I go to the Kemptville cruise. I'm always picking up little bits of insider info from people who owned an '89 or blah blah blah.........

·
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Paul B said:
LOL, bastards.

I think I told you it was pretty lame. What time were you there? I drove by at around 7'ish and saw about 4 cars so I continued on over to my parents place to wash the greasy hand prints off of my car.

So, did you learn anything new about your cars or turbo buicks in general? I always do when I go to the Kemptville cruise. I'm always picking up little bits of insider info from people who owned an '89 or blah blah blah.........

Paul,

We were there by around then I think. If you just did a drive by, then likely you couldn't see our cars as we were parked up near the middle section in the "NOT painted with tremclad and fixed with a hammer" class.....

I knew we were in a strange place when the normal crowd that gathers around JC and his car didn't happen.......

·
Registered
734 Posts
Yeah, my car gets no love in Kemptville. I think it's because it has an interior, full body work, and doesn't sound like a funny car. However, it does attract morons like bugs to a bright light.

·
Sunnyvale Trailer Park
490 Posts
I wasn't too keen on them wearin' the "Daisy Duke" shorts though....

Everyone seemed to know ya though Paul... :yup:

·
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
six-3X's-aday said:
I wasn't too keen on them wearin' the "Daisy Duke" shorts though....

Everyone seemed to know ya though Paul... :yup:

Actually I may even of heard some of the locals say something like "what is 'that guy' doing with Paul's car".....

Or "that white Monte Carlo doesn't belong to him".....

Of course I don't think we stuck around long enough for them to say "let's get'm guys".......

·
Registered
734 Posts
Real-T said:
Actually I may even of heard some of the locals say something like "what is 'that guy' doing with Paul's car".....

Or "that white Monte Carlo doesn't belong to him".....

Of course I don't think we stuck around long enough for them to say "let's get'm guys".......
LOL, now you know what it's like for me. I have heard "hey, I've seen this car run 11's at insert track name here" about 15 times. I always just look hurt and say "no, sorry, my car runs 14's" :(

·
Registered
734 Posts
We should get together this weekend, without any other inferior cars to distract us, and talk about the awesomeness that is the Turbo Regal. And Kemptville.

·
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Paul B said:
We should get together this weekend, without any other inferior cars to distract us, and talk about the awesomeness that is the Turbo Regal. And Kemptville.
I think it will be hard to find cars that are more inferior than these heaps, so that should be easy.....

And I think we just discussed the awesomeness of Kemptville.....

And the Turbo Regal isn't that awsome....except for the amount of times they breakdown....

Why don't we just drink ???

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

:headbang: :6: :headbang:

·
Sunnyvale Trailer Park
490 Posts
Paul B said:
Just gimme time to calm down from the rush that is the Kemptville car show. :D .. :cheers: I'll need a few this weekend sometime too,after moving this weekend I think we should dig out some old race tapes.... :headbang: :6:

1 - 20 of 73 Posts