Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...and I noticed that it was very bright white on the round piece that goes into the intake. It also had a little black on the tip of the same piece(which could be from my greasy hands) and it smelled like gas. Is this telling me I am running very lean or is it normal?

I'm about to test drive the car and see if the new EGR fixed my code 32 problem.

Thanks!

------------------
1987 GN 14" K&N, Accel yellow tops, adj. wastegate, adj. FPR, XP Armstrong hotwired, 160*-stat, Hooker 2.5" catback exaust, Thrasher chips, shift kit, trans cooler, vdo boost/oil/temp guages, scanmaster v2.1, T-Link, Kirban's front/rear frame braces, Hotchkis lower control arms, variable rate rear springs, GNX wanna-be rims, and the rest is stock as far as I can tell...or too meaningless to list.

1987 Cavalier Z24 daily driver. 3-chamber flowmaster and 135db worth of stereo.

Shaun

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
Hope it does...I would have figured the egr solenoid as more likely...

Was the diaphram "holed"?

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If I push the diaphram in and cover the vac connection, it doesn't move. So it holds vaccum. I took it for a spin and it ran great. Now let's see how well it runs at the track on friday.

·
Registered
683 Posts
If you are talking about the pintle that covers the intake hole, it means lean time! Warning! Check the center plugs for sure and check them all! Are you running an EGT gauge?Gene

1 - 4 of 4 Posts