Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased this car three days ago. I am trying to figure out what is all done to it. It looks like it has an upgraded down pipe on it because the bottom of down pipe has two outlets. One outlet goes to exhaust and the other outlet has a cover on it and looks like that exhuast would come right out the ide of the car. The car currently holds 16 pounds of boost. I am trying to determine if I have the stock turbo or not. Here are the specs on the side of the Garrett Turbo "a/r 60 m24 B". Here is a picture of it as well: Is this the stock turbo? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Found a Fuel Enhancer by Quad Air Inc under the dash. Not sure what this is for. I also see there are drag bags in the rear shocks. With the air bags and side exhaust option, I believe this car has been down the track a few times.

·
Premium Member
4,001 Posts
i/c is stock with a dutweiler neck welded on
stock was 2" the dutt neck is 2.5"

as for turbo you would have to measure the wheels
measure top of inlet wheel is a good start to narrow down what it is but you have to be close on the measurement
could be te44 (2.290") up to te67 (2.620")
a te44 with proper support can go into the 10s, a 67 could reach into the 9s
if measurement shows its bigger than a te44 youll need to know the exhaust wheel size to better determine what it is
they may have engraved the turbo size into the cover . to check take off the hose at the ic and look on the outlet neck of the turbo cover , and check on the back edge of the cover by the outlet

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just got under the car because I was thinking the transmission wasn't stock. I found out it is a TH400. It is 13 bolt and matches the oil pan. Is this better than the stock transmission?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Ah, TH400 tranny..to answer your question. Yes, its one of the strongest transmissions built. But, it does not have the overdrive like the stock one. So, not ideal for long highway crusing. I wonder what gear is in the Diff ?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts