Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
finally bit the bullet and ordered a brand spankin' new gt3255e. got a really good deal on it too. gonna run it with the mods in my sig and stick with the stock converter for a while. should be a real fun street turbo.
:D

·
Resident Slut
5,477 Posts
Let me know how you like it. :cheers:

·
Boost Sux my Wallet
1,297 Posts
I love my gt32.
I have ran some other gn's with bigger turbos and higher stalls and they can't believe how hard it runs. That strong midrange really gets the car going. You are going to love it.

did you get it with a PTE .63 turbine housing ?

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yep. ordered it from a local shop in my old town that is a precision dealer. they said they have a few dsm's running deep 11s on it and talked to russ merrit on the boards and said it's def the way to go.

·
Boost Sux my Wallet
1,297 Posts
Cool....
I would seriously consider the PTE turbosaver also.
I slapped the saver on at the same time as the GT and my oil stays so much cleaner now and the turbo always has filtered oil.
Real good investment.

Connect the drain first and then pour some oil (i used valvoline VR1 50 w) into the oil supply of the turbo while spinning the shaft and then slap the supply on there before initial start up.

Good luck

·
Boost Sux my Wallet
1,297 Posts
I picked mine up through full throttle..it was around 120 ish

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
will look into it. gotta order up my new maf pipe and send the chip out to get reburnt again. gonna be a busy next week but should be all worth it. has anyone gone 11s on the stock converter with the gt3255e? i don't plan on upgrading the converter anytime soon.

·
Resident Slut
5,477 Posts
stealthtt said:
will look into it. gotta order up my new maf pipe and send the chip out to get reburnt again. gonna be a busy next week but should be all worth it. has anyone gone 11s on the stock converter with the gt3255e? i don't plan on upgrading the converter anytime soon.
the only person that I have found that posted any times was Russ M. I'm not sure want TC he is running.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
There was some mention, months ago, about something special you needed in order to connect the oil feed line to a GT32 turbo. Some of the vendors supplied it with the turbo, some didn't. Not sure it that's still the case, but it's something to think about.

·
nero v. 2.0
3,323 Posts
Ormand said:
There was some mention, months ago, about something special you needed in order to connect the oil feed line to a GT32 turbo. Some of the vendors supplied it with the turbo, some didn't. Not sure it that's still the case, but it's something to think about.

I remember that ordeal all too well :crazy: :headbang:

Hope you get it on alright... let us know how it feels! :cheers:

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
russ i need to order one of those lil' restrictors so the 3255 pops on easy? would like to be able to install this thing first day it gets here.

Greg

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Anyone care to elaborate on the restrictor? I had a 3255 and didn't use one,no problems that I knew of.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Just makes it easier to hook up the oil line, an easy spacer. No need to look any farther than that. No magic to be found....... You can drill it out bigger if your worried.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
thanks russ, the shop i bought the turbo from said they have tons of fittings in case i have problems with the oil line and they will give em to me for nothing if i need em. shouldn't have a problem getting this bad boy in. what kind of boost should i be able to run on pump gas no alky? 17-19 psi? have the mods in my sig, also wondering if sending my tb out to steve monroe to port it out would be worth it now while i have the car down for the next week or so.

Greg

·
Registered
373 Posts
They're all differant. Some cars let you get away with more boost than others. The scanmaster/direct scan will let you know when enough is enough. I'd save the rest of your pennies for Razors alky. Best bang for the buck out there.

·
Boost Sux my Wallet
1,297 Posts
As far as the fitting goes for the GT32 not working...I ordered mine (turbosaver) from Fullthrottle and it bolted up no problem.
Boost wise 17 is typically about it with pumpgas and the stock IC and a street chip with decent timing.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts