Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stuck in 1st again ?

Cleaned governor,Checked springs,Adjusted Tv Cable ,new fliud worked for about 10 mins now it wont shift from 1st again....Help someone......Please......

Steve

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Sounds like something is hanging up in the valve body. Time to drop it and see if the valves are free. Watch out for check balls!!!Pay attention to where they come from. If everything is free,then suspect internal issue.

·
Registered
13,053 Posts
maybe the TV valve in the valve body :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Grumpy said:
maybe the TV valve in the valve body :rolleyes:
yeah but at a certain point the governer should overcome the TV and make it shift.

·
Registered
336 Posts
the first time we put a shift kit in my z28 a trans go, it was stuck in 1st gear
it was some thing in the valve body we messed with

·
Registered
13,053 Posts
ajt86 said:
yeah but at a certain point the governer should overcome the TV and make it shift.

not if it doesn't move :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
lol ok i wont doubt you old guys again- ive learned my lesson- ill go sit down in a corner :rolleyes:

·
Registered
13,053 Posts
ajt86 said:
lol ok i wont doubt you old guys again- ive learned my lesson- ill go sit down in a corner :rolleyes:

welllllll....happened to me twice ...once a car sat for a long time ...then again TV valve wasn't moving in the bore (binding) :rolleyes: I know that could never happen :D

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Going to check Throttle Valves

Going to check Throttle Valves
Are they directly under the pan ?
Thanks agian for all your help,This site and its members rock !!

Steve

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.