Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Love the car. I have been putting work into it over the past few months. I bought it not running on faith that it did. The Guy was telling the truth, it runs and seems to run good having sat on the side of his house since 09. Loads of work has gone into this car and the guy has been nice enough to let me leave it at his house while I work on it. It was his baby and now it is mine. I look forward to lots of good times with her:6:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have run into a problem with the fan not coming on. The temp gauge on the car works but the fan does not come on. It got up to like 230 and nothing. I took the fan off and tested it strait to the battery and it spun. So I don't know what it could be. I tried grounding the dark green on the ac still nothing. I am wondering should I replace the relays and the fan switch, really ready to take the car out for a spin. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
You probably have a bad relay. The same thing happened to mine. Fan wouldnt turn on but when hooked up to power would. The relays are attached to the drivers side fender. And the one that is giving you trouble is probably the low speed relay (closest to the front of the car) The one in the middle is the high and the one in the back is the delay.

Fan Trouble Shooting

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I tried turning on the AC also I forgot to add that piece. Thanks for the advice I will buy one today. I hope this works I have yet to drive the car. LOL just putting in work on it. That link is awesome I hope I can track it down. The car rus great but with nothing to cool it you know the rest. Going to look up the part and buy it now.

·
2 GN's = No money!!
5,116 Posts
I've seen a car that had a fan problem that was just a poor connection from the harness to the fans themselves. Check that connection for corrosion and to confirm it is a GOOD connection and that might be your fix.

Good luck,

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.