Turbo Buick Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
found a couple of new arrivals in the local yard today. malibu wagon with factory non air set up still intacked. is it worth pulling it out?also the yard has 2 olds salons 78-80 with good looking header panels-front and rear bumper fillers. If eric is out there are they the same as the century? also was a lesabre t-type 89-90? and an impala 2-door with a great looking interior.question: is there a way to convert a four-door front seat to a a 2-door front, as for as the seat backs to fold down? cause i found a beautiful tan straight bench but it's a four door. any help/ info as always appreciated.P.s. guy see the turbo 2 barrel stuff on e-bay now?

·
Turbocharged BrunoStachel
4,813 Posts
Its kind of iffy on the AC deletes. There are model specific parts that you need to complete the system. For the Regal you need Buick specific vent cables and the trim panel under the column that holds them. If you want to be 100% correct than you need the dummy ducts too. The two outer ducts on the dash where solid and non functional since no ducting ran to them. The Regal also used a heat shield up by the blower motor. Most Chevys dont have the shield. Those headers and fillers are Olds only. The seat bottom frames are all the same between the G and the B-bodies. The B body has fancy shiny aluminum moldings where the G only has the chrome on the seat back. All you need to convert the seat is to add the hinge so it pivots.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that seat I was talking about was out of the olds salon four door, so what do i have to do to make it convert?

·
Turbocharged BrunoStachel
4,813 Posts
All you need to change is the outer hinge. If you look there should be some seat material folded back. Remove the hog rings and there is a plastic shield that should pull out. You should see the mounting bolts that hold the hinge or bracket to the seat frames. I think there are 5 bolts altogether. Once you gain access it should look pretty simple to swap out the hinge. Make sure you have a good plastic bushing on the center pivot so the seat back doesn't rattle or squeek.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts