Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sunday, June 9th, 2013
8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Open Competition Drag Racing.
Sunoco Super Challenge Points Series.
GM Eliminators for unmuffled and muffled vehicles
Buick Quick 16
Jim Harrington Memorial High School Challenge

MAGNA will be running in the GM Elimnator's class or Quick 16( if you are fast enough). Hope to see a bunch of you there. Please post up if you plan on coming out to race.

·
Will Boost 4 Boobies!!!
2,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Added info from other post:

Sunday they will be running the "special " classes (due to Sunday being a noise day allowing muffled and unmuffled)
-buick quick 16 ($30 entry and must qualify) buick powered
on Sunday there will also be
-GM trophy bracket (10.0-19.99 ET) full tree ($30 entry winner and runner up get trophy)
and GM money $$ bracket classes ($50 entry with a payout)

for MAGNA points on Sunday you can run in any class you prefer , if you try for Q16 and fail to qualify they may allow you to drop back into the trophy class

·
Registered
947 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,914 Posts

·
'86 GN
1,435 Posts
Plan on being there. Leave at 4:30 to make Diner at 7. Makes for a long day.

·
Will Boost 4 Boobies!!!
2,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Huber, Paul, Thomas/Gary, me.

Carmello?

Any one else?

Gregg, ScoJack, Wayne, Don, Rodney/Ted........

·
Neverlift Society
2,293 Posts
Huber, Paul, Thomas/Gary, me.

Carmello?

Any one else?

Gregg, ScoJack, Wayne, Don, Rodney/Ted........
Sundays are tough for me, i'm out. :mad:

·
Will Boost 4 Boobies!!!
2,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My 2nd round loss was due to a double break out, which I broke out bad. Long day at Etown due to the big turnout for all classes being run. I was pooped when I got home.

Thanks for tracking all that Paul! Congrats on taking runner up. Did you buy dinner?

·
Will Boost 4 Boobies!!!
2,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Prob dehydrated, I came home and downed a ton of water and juice. I was also starving after the race and stopped at Quick Check for a 6" hoagie.

·
'86 GN
1,435 Posts
Long day is an understatement. We got home at 9:00. Everybody passed out as soon as we got in the truck. Mercifully the traffic was good the whole way home. My co-pilot left her window down when we got home so I have a soaked truck this morning. We still had a great time as usual. It was brutal how slow the day progressed. 3 hours between rounds is a little much. We enjoyed meeting new people, sharing enthusiasm of Buick Turbo's that are, after all, a pain in the ass. How sick are we?
Congrat's Paulie, yesterday was definitely your day. We lost 1st gear at Cecil, Paul. Sunday it was just a slight adjustment on the shift cable. For some reason it wouldn't go into 3rd gear. Like you said, I'll check the shifter again when I get it back in the shop. We've been fighting red lights (2nd rd.019) since we loosened the convertor. I'm confident Thomas will figure it out. I hope everybody there Sunday posts there thoughts of the day. Hope to see everyody at Carlisle. Grizz and I are going to relax and enjoy Margaritas at the Carlisle shoreline.

·
Not a Democrat any more..
15,681 Posts
It was nice to see everyone...Except for Pauly...who ignored me...lol...It was good to see everyone helping each other out...I do miss Racing but do miss wrenching on a car in heat...It was good to see Rich back in the drivers seat...and Artie Paltz showed up to support...I posted some pictures on FB

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=oa.10151273244962395&type=1

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.