Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am deeply saddened to report that Jimmy Dotson a.k.a. "THE UNDERDOG" passed away early this morning in his sleep. Jimmy's wife Joyce asked for our prayers for Jimmy in this most difficult time. I will be posting more information once arrangements have been made.

On a very personal note Jimmy one one of my closest Buick racing buddies. We shared our last racing weekend together at Cecil County Raceway this past weekend. His spirits were very high and he was looking forward to spending his retirement days traveling and camping with his lovely wife Joyce along with racing his beloved Buick. The Buick Racing Community has lost a true Buick Guy and my dear friend.

God be with you Jimmy.

·
Neigbours r sleeping?
486 Posts
WOW

Sad to hear.

When I first met Jimmy I truly did not know what to think. He was going about things in a different way.

Had many many interesting conversations with Jimmy.

Best wishes to his wife; I never met her.

He will be missed by all that had known him.

AJ___

·
Estimator
3,627 Posts
Thanks for the post, I talked to him Saturday at Cecil.... my boys will be sad, they always looked forward to talk to Jim and watch "Underdog" go down the track...

Chuck

·
OK! Who Farted Again??
17,852 Posts
I know that name & maybe met him at BPG? I hope his family gets all the support they need at this terrible time. Very Sad news.

·
Registered
13,053 Posts
:(

·
Neigbours r sleeping?
486 Posts
Anything more John?

AJ___

·
2 GN's = No money!!
5,116 Posts
I met Jim a few years back at the BPG Nats in Ohio and I am glad that I got to meet him. Radius Kid introduced us and Jimmy was a great guy to talk to and I always enjoyed watching him run.

God Speed Jimmy

·
Registered
329 Posts
Jim was a great guy and will truly be missed. My father and I(Rodney) had the privilege of pitting with him for the past couple years (whenever the car was running! LOL) and thoroughly enjoyed spending time with him. Before we had ever met I remember seeing the car years ago with the twin turbo set up winning in bracket races. Anyone that can bracket race a low 8sec Buick deserves a bow for their technical knowledge and amazing driver skill. There wasn't much that you could stump him with on a turbo V6. We pitted together just this past Saturday at Cecil, and he was giving me a lesson on how to properly disassemble and reassemble to wires going to the cam sensor to help with our no start.

His contribution to the Buick community will be strongly missed but not forgotten.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts