Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Moderator/Procrastinator
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It pisses oil everywhere from the turbo oil drain tube
Can I just claw hammer the MF into place? Or is there some special trick to this one, Zapper?

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
Don't know a darned thing about the '85 cars.

But if it uses a similar drain tube like the '87 cars you need a thick GM gasket on there.

·
Moderator/Procrastinator
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
But there is a gasket on there! A big black one, too! And the tube *looked* like it went into the hole all the way. Hey! Can I silicone the sh!t out of it

[This message has been edited by mike85gn (edited April 27, 2002).]

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
Mike, are you talking about the flex tube that goes to the gromet? Where is it leaking? The gasket? Or possible hole in tube?

·
Moderator/Procrastinator
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by forzfed:
Mike, are you talking about the flex tube that goes to the gromet? Where is it leaking? The gasket? Or possible hole in tube?
Yeah, it's the flex tube that goes to the grommet. But I can't tell where it's leaking from, I think the tube isn't seated properly. How deep is it supposed to go in?

[This message has been edited by mike85gn (edited April 27, 2002).]

·
Addicted to BOOST
810 Posts
If it isn't seated into the grommet properly in the intake just take a long screw driver and gently tap it into place. That's what I did on Dave's car and it doesn't leak.

·
Registered
22,915 Posts
The bottom part (the part not ribbed) needs to go all the way in. Be careful with sharp objects around the tube, it's easy to punch a hole in it (guess how I know). I climbed on top of the engine, used a bright flashlight so I could see what was going on, and manipulated it down in there. However you choose to do it, I have always found it to be a Royal PITA.

The above is only my opinion.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Moderator/Procrastinator
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by forzfed:
So despite your inability to put your tube in the hole, how is the car running?
Fine Nick, just fine

1 - 9 of 9 Posts