Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The GN is B-B-B-BACK!!! We actually started it 2 days ago, but today I had it out for it's inaugural drive a few hours ago. It runs great so far. I still have to adjust a few settings and put the AFPR back on that I cross threaded on the first try...good thing I had that stocker on the shelf...but it's rollin' again. I only got into about 2 or 3 lbs of boost, but it felt GREAT.
Tomorrow I'll get everything set the way it should be, wash off the 9 months of dust, then go for a nice little cruise.
It may even make an appearance at HOOPERPALOOZA!!! I'm so F%$#ing psyked to have this pig back on the road :D If it weren't raining I'd be rollin' right now...

·
Original Owner
578 Posts
Aaron B said:
.......psyked .......
:thinking: .............. :thinking: ............... :thinking:........... I got it.

Congrats :thewave: :jump: :club: hope to see it Tuesday :cheers:

·
Premium Member
4,910 Posts
YAAAY CONGRATS AARON!! :band: :rocking: :rock:

·
Premium Member
6,177 Posts
Good to hear A man! GIT-R-DONE! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys. Somethings GOTTA go wrong though...I just got back from a nice tear through the Hunterdon Hills and everything is PERFECT. Oil pressure is great, all the readings on Scanmaster are within acceptable limits and the car feels soooo good. I feel like a kid at Christmas.
There are only a few minor things to clean up...the biggest being my ATR downpipe is pretty much resting on the passenger floor board. Makes a ton of noise banging around down there. I'll have to figure something out.
I also have the tough decision of choosing what shade to paint my new 17" wheels. Black, Gunmetal or leave em silver :dunno: Decisions, decisions.

Attachments

·
Not a Democrat any more..
15,681 Posts
see now that sit's nice...could not really tell when I was there...I would leave them...now that you can see the whole picture...silver is fine....but what about black caps for the lug nuts

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
gbsean said:
see now that sit's nice...could not really tell when I was there...I would leave them...now that you can see the whole picture...silver is fine....but what about black caps for the lug nuts
Thanks...I do need to do something different with the lug nuts...they are in there DEEP. I may need to go with a tuner style nut. If I get a flat I'm screwed, might as well just throw the spare in the basement.
I'm still leaning toward black for the wheels though. One of these days I'll try my hand at Photoshopping them blcak. My PS skills are weak though.

·
Neverlift Society
2,293 Posts
I always wanted to do an all black wheel on my car. I would try and photoshop first though. :yup:

·
Premium Member
4,001 Posts
CONGRATS AARON :headbang:

glad to hear you are rolling again

PS. she looks purty with the new shoes , dont know about all black , maybe just the spokes :dunno: , and the engine bay aint looking bad either , very nice :6:

on the lugs , are they cone like stock, if so you can use the GM gta lugs and instead of using the stock gta caps get the caps off the newer camaros , they are taller and eliminate that big hole look and they come in silver or black , i like the tall caps because i can run the 3" studs a and not have to look at them, as for reaching them just carry a deep 1/2 drive 3/4 socket ,extension and breaker bar with you

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
pacecarta said:
she looks purty with the new shoes , dont know about all black , maybe just the spokes :dunno:
That's exactly what I'm talkin' bout. Just the center area which is currently silver...the polished lip would remain. I'll show you all tomorrow.

Thanks again for the compliments. :cheers:

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My car passed inspection today....REGULAR inspection. I took it as a goof figuring there was NO way it would pass....flying colors no less. I was planning on doing the collector car inspection thing next year...still gonna get the insurance, but now I can wait on reinspection.

Now it's time to ditch the cat for my Super Dooper Hoober Dump. :D

·
Not a Democrat any more..
15,681 Posts
who are you kidding you flashed your badge and gave the guy a 20 and a PBA card and he put another car on the dyno :D good for you if the car is in tune there is no reason why it should not pass...I plan on doing the collection sticker so that when I go thru those road side inspections (town money making schemes) :D I do not hassled by the man....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts