Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy all I'm getting my car ready to install the motor/tranny since
everything is out I'm trying to clean it up. The heater box has a hole in it (I dont
know how) so I want to replace it. Is it possible to get a heater box without A/C and retain the blower motor/heat ? If so where ? Do I need to change the top and bottom or just the bottom ? Thanks !!

·
Unnaturally Aspirated
2,327 Posts
The ducting behind the dash is different and so is the glove box (for clearance). Don't forget to get the vent cables under the steering colum and the "dummy" vents in the dash (from a Regal w/o a/c)

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts

·
Registered
10,284 Posts
Steve Wood:
What about the ATR plate that replaced part of the box and allowed more clearance? Might be a lot less work.
Juts what I was thinking when I saw this post.Where abouts is the hole?

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The hole is on the right side of the box if you are standing in front of the car (or in my case standing in the engine compartment since its empty)

·
Registered
10,284 Posts
We talking about right where the pass. side valve cover corner would be?

·
Registered
683 Posts
I have the ATR Kidney plate installed on my heater. It allows studed heads to be removed without removing the studs and it clears a Stage Engine. (the reason for its design) I don't think they (ATR) sell it anymore? A real pain to install but looks great when installed and must be installed with the engine removed. Gene

1 - 8 of 8 Posts