Turbo Buick Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 84 gn and I'm trying to get the most out of it without changing alot of stuff. I would like to add a intercooler to it but I can't find any one who makes one for my car or a bigger turbo for it. Any advise or suggestion would be greatful thank you.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Yes, it can be done. Speaco used to make a kit to intercool the hot airs, but I don't know if it's available anymore.

You can build one yourself without too much trouble, though.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Many of us have made the conversion myself twice
First setup Turbomotion ( out of busness)
Second setup I bought a 87 parts car and did the switch
Intercooled88 on the other board sells 86-87 parts to convert for $1400.00
www.turbobuick.com

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would like to thank everyone for your help. And no the 84 is not the same as 83, 84 was the first year for the sfi and the first they went all black. Their were only 2000 made. :6:

·
Registered
10,284 Posts
Turbonetics handles Spearco stuff.
Call Jack Cotton.
He can find out for you.

·
Registered
835 Posts
this may not be a help to ya, this is just a thought thrown out there. But have any hotairs ever experimented with mounting the passenger side header from an 86-87 car on the hot air, mounting the turbo on it and making custom oil feed lines and tapping the oil pan for the return. Then just making custom piping to an intercooler/intake/MAFsetup with brackets etc... that still utilize the stock intake manifold? It would probably be a huge mess and be a lot harder than it seems in my head. :dunno:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts