Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another problem.....I just put 50# injectors on my 87' GN, and now its backfiring and blowing flames out the muffler whenever I get on it good and it misses when I am just drivig it. I am a little confused by this and by the fact that the guy I bought it from is saying I had 40# injectors on it, but the guy who sold him those injectors said they were only 32# stock injectors. Its a BIG mess now....Can anyone offer any assistance? I am in desperate need!!!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Already checked the injector harness....nothing is crossed

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
Check your chip.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Is you chip matched to your injectors? (Can't use the old chip with the new injectors)
List the details of the rest of your setup.

Paul
72 Toyota Celica with a 87 TR Drive train

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was wondering about the chip, I dont know??

I have:pT54 turbo, 50#injectors, front mount intercooler, 3"downpipe, and everything else is stock

·
Registered
743 Posts
Well the chip is probably your problem. Get a new one for those injectors.

------------------
1987 GN 14" K&N, Accel yellow tops, adj. wastegate, adj. FPR, XP Armstrong hotwired, 160*-stat, Hooker 2.5" catback exaust, Thrasher chips, shift kit, trans cooler, vdo boost/oil/temp guages, scanmaster v2.1, T-Link, Kirban's front/rear frame braces, Hotchkis lower control arms, variable rate rear springs, GNX wanna-be rims, and the rest is stock as far as I can tell...or too meaningless to list.

1987 Cavalier Z24 daily driver. 3-chamber flowmaster and 135db worth of stereo.

Shaun

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am new to this site....what is test, who is Jim and how do I get ahold of him? LOL And how much does it usually cost to get a chip burned?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If it is my chip, how do I go about getting it burned....who can I send it to? Or can I just buy another?

·
Registered
22,915 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts