1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
stock location extended cooler such as the V4

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
V4 with the stocker or mildly upgraded turbo.

You get nasty turbo surging sometimes with a front mount part throttle and smaller turbo.

You don't need a front mount.

Just my .02.

------------------
WE4, 140K, Daily Driver, PTE51, 43lb. Bosch, THDP hollow cat., Postons Headers, 2 1/2"SS Ultraflows and pipes, 16 pos. Maxeffort thumbwheel 20*, EGT/Bilsteins, Boxed Cont. arms/Airbags/snubber,Blizzak snows, Nittos DR, 307, adj.reg./ SMC alky, 9 gauges,scamaster and D.Scan,BSTC, translator and 31/2"MAF, V4 inter. DYNO. TESTED!!!: 356RWHP 529ft.lb. Torque PROVEN!!!

GN loaded, car #2. 112K miles. Accufab reg. 160stat.,Scanmaster, Reds 93 chip, Mease downpipe, hollow cat., stock muff., SMC alky., J.J. 62mm.T.B., RJC power plate, Bilsteins, Moog springs, HR Parts mount and rear arms, Nittos.

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
AS Salvage says...it is not much fun driving one that surges at part throttle when the boost starts to come on. They will do it with even larger turbos too.

And, an extended oem location will run head to head with a front mount until you hit the tens plus you will not have to worry about overheating in traffic when the ac is on, not to mention the cheaper price.

Jack Cotton apparently has a good oem location ic as well these days. If you buy a V4, be sure you find a dealer with one in stock as delivery seems to be slow.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Slow isnt the word I have been waiting 3+ months for my V2,I wish I had gone to Jack Cotton or PTE,good luck!

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
Tony builds the best stuff out there but he never catches up and while he is behind, he adds another product line and gets further behind...he seems to expand his shop but he never has enuf help or something...technically, he has it nailed as his background is in cooling systems/intercoolers and he uses the most advanced materials on the market. It's a shame...he should have the market locked up.

·
www.magnabuick.com
6,876 Posts
Yes, turbo surge SUCKS! I have it the worst and it even did it when I had an ATR frontmount too.

It's either 0-25% throttle or WOT all the way. Anywhere in between and it surges like crazy.

-Banning.

------------------
James Banning Cohen
86 T-Type WH1
GSCA# 4817
Web site: http://banning.freeplace.net/

[email protected] MPH
(Best MPH & 60'= 117.3 & 1.54)

Mods:
PT51 turbo w/.63 housing, Ported iron heads w/stock valves, PTE 218 cam, Powerstroke IC, 72# injectors, ME 16 position, ATR 3" DP w/external gate, DelTrans 200R4, 9.5" Vigilante, Eaton posi, Hooiser QT Pro's

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
Most front mounts have a problem with light throttle acceleration from what I have seen. I got by with it with a Te44 but the 45 will take your teeth out from the shake.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts