Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Resident Slut
5,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed when I pulled the cap off the rail that there was a valve, do I have to remove this valve to install a rail mounted gauge?

Thanks
Jim

·
prostitution for TR parts
1,477 Posts
Yes, it is the same thing that is in your tire valve stems.

·
Resident Slut
5,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
blupuick said:
Yes, it is the same thing that is in your tire valve stems.
Yep that is what it looks like...crap just the tool I can't find

·
Fughedaboudit
179 Posts
Just a quick note - I would recommend carrying the Schraeder valve and tool in your glove box just in case your gauge ever fails on the road - I do the same just as a safety precaution......

·
Resident Slut
5,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QuickWE4 said:
Just a quick note - I would recommend carrying the Schraeder valve and tool in your glove box just in case your gauge ever fails on the road - I do the same just as a safety precaution......
Thanks, I'll do that :cheers:

·
Not a Democrat any more..
15,681 Posts
is this the remote gauge with extension so you can mount it outside...or one of the cheapo ones that mounts just at end of fuel rail...I used to have a rail mounted one and instructions said to leave it in...the coupler actually pushed in the valve.(not very accurate) where as the windshield mount said to remove the valve...

·
Fuhgeddaboudit
18,613 Posts
Ttype83 said:
I noticed when I pulled the cap off the rail that there was a valve, do I have to remove this valve to install a rail mounted gauge?

Thanks
Jim
It depends if your adapter has a pushpin or not. If you bought it as a kit from a Buick vendor I would say it's fine. If you made your own with parts from Grainger or ? then you will have to remove the schrader valve pin.

·
Resident Slut
5,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ULYCYC said:
It depends if your adapter has a pushpin or not. If you bought it as a kit from a Buick vendor I would say it's fine. If you made your own with parts from Grainger or ? then you will have to remove the schrader valve pin.
It was from Full Throttle, had to remove the valve..Don't think it's a cheapo from Mike L. It's installed with no leaks :yup:

·
Not a Democrat any more..
15,681 Posts
Ttype83 said:
It was from Full Throttle, had to remove the valve..Don't think it's a cheapo from Mike L. It's installed with no leaks :yup:
nope he sells good stuff...but if you had a hood mounted or one with an extension on it you could make sure your fuel pressure increased with your boost..

·
Unregistered Abuser
423 Posts
Ttype83 said:
Yep that is what it looks like...crap just the tool I can't find
Some valve stem caps have that tool on the other side.

·
Premium Member
4,825 Posts
Where did we end up leaving the fuel pressure the other night?

·
Resident Slut
5,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
earlbrown said:
Where did we end up leaving the fuel pressure the other night?
39psi, seems to like it

1 - 12 of 12 Posts