Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about trying to do this myself. I've got new GN front seat upholstry and headrest covers fresh in the box and ready to go on. How much of a hassle is this and what all is needed to do the job? Or is it better to just pay the professionals $200.00 and let them handle it?

·
Registered
309 Posts
The headrests are easy...did those myself but I chose to let the pros do the seats...I only paid $60 to have the new covers put on the seats...shop around...

·
Resident Idiot
11,462 Posts
Yeah shop around or buy yourself some hog ring pliers. It's not that bad but is nice to have a professional do it if you can afford it. I paid $100 to have mine installed and they also restuffed my drivers seat.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I'm thinking my driverside could use a little extra padding too so I may end up going that route. Thanks for the input guys.

·
Premium Member
4,825 Posts
Nothing to it. Just take the seat apart and use needle nose on the hog rings. The first time I did it, I reused the hog rings but now I just used safetywire to reassemble the seat.
If you get 4 pieces of carpet padding on each cushion it makes the car sit waaaaay better. Basically two squares on the middle and two long pieces down the sides. Leave the low areas low to make the seat look more like new.
The headreasts are the worst part by far. Those damn things are TIGHT.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts