Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning to reinstall my oil cooler adapter. Is there any specific routing for the oil cooler hoses to the radiator? Also do I have to remove the cam sensor and prime the oil pump? Or can I just remove the ECM wire and crank the motor until I see oil pressure go up on the guage.

Thanks for your help.

·
Resident Idiot
11,462 Posts
Here is what I have found to work as an alternative to priming the pump through the cam sensor hole.

I remove the top oil cooler line at the radiator and pour about 1/2 quart of oil down that line. A very small funnel is required. This fills the pump cavity.

Of course be careful when firing the car for the first time. Watch your mechanical oil pressure gauge or watch for the idiot light to go out in the dash within about 5 seconds. If you don't have pressure you may have used the wrong line or priming it with the cam sensor hole might be neccessary. I have used this method numerous times and it's worked every time for me. powersix

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the tip Orlando_87GN. Can you tell me which line goes where from the oil cooler to the radiator. Which line connects to the top and bottom. Better yet does anyone have a pic of the oil cooler adapter connected.

Thanks again for your help

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
Some one go look at their car and help this guy! :)

I don't have a cooler on mine at the moment so I cannot.

·
Resident Idiot
11,462 Posts
I can't because I am on crutches! Someone help this guy, that's an ORDER! :)

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
Orlando_87GN:
I can't because I am on crutches! Someone help this guy, that's an ORDER! :)
You may have to get a second girl friend to help take care of you! Or maybe three...milk this opportunity for all you can get. :D

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
:) Orlando_87GN Feel Better hope you get off those crutches soon. Steve if you ever reinstall that oil cooler please take a pic. I'm in no rush. Thanks again for your help! :)

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
I am going to install an aftermarket cooler with a fan one of these days. My three pass radiator does not have an oil cooler. My other two cars are still in Houston.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts