Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to add cruise control to my GN.
Car is a non cruise model.

Other than the cruise / turn signal stalk & cruise equipment under the hood, can I plug it in & go?
Not too sure the connectors are there in the stock buicks wiring harness? :confused:

How difficult is it to install the cruise control / turn signal stalk in the steering column? Perhaps it would be easier just to install a complete steering column from a car with the cruise already in place? Dunno. :dunno:

Anything else needed?

If anyone has any experience or knowledge on this subject, I'd appreciate hearing from you. :)

thanks

dave

·
OK! Who Farted Again??
17,852 Posts
Dave I'm pretty sure they all got one wiring harness no matter your options. GNTType should have a writeup on removal of the stalk to add one with cruise. Pretty basic under the hood so parts should be easily found.

·
Registered
635 Posts
I have the parts you need. Besides the cruise stalk/lever and parts under the hood you will need a brake switch, a cruise control module that mounts under the dash and a harness that includes the wiring from the cruise control diaphragm under the hood to the module. There is a knockout that has to be punched through near the brake pedal for the harness.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts