Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a used ESP front mount intercooler.Just wondering if anybody can give me some tips and suggestions on how to install this Intercooler.How hard is it and also how long does it usually take? Any help and suggestions to make the installation easier is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

------------------
1986 T-Type,T-Tops,Gnx style wheels,Gnx fender vents,Gnx vdo Dash,Fiber glass hood,Scanmaster 2,Magnacore 10mm wires,Reds 93 chip,Kenne Bell Roller rocker arms,BGC stock appearing adj. regulator,Walboro 340 fuel pump,Casper volt booster,Casper hotwire kit,Te-44,Duttweiler neck stock intercooler,Tinman cold air kit,Ported stock elbow,Torque Tech 3" downpipe,THDP coming soon,3" test pipe,ATR 3" single shot exhaust,Hotchkis lowering springs,KYB shocks.

1991 Grey Lumina Z34 (daily driver)
Hi flow intake system.

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/ViewPhoto?u=1729463&a=13438562&p=51630303&f=0

·
Registered
80 Posts
I removed the crossbars that run in front of the radiator, and also the bracket that the hood latch attaches to. Don't forget that it is not there when on the return road at the track. There is also a wire harness up there in that same area, you can tuck it away. Sorry about all the technical terms! Keep your radiator curtain if you can, if it is still there. I put holes on mine for the pipes to go through. The hole are put through a high ridge area on top of the radiator support. Don't tighten too much. It is soft. I put some blue vacuum caps on the stud threads that poke through the top because I trimmed them down. It wasn't hard to figure out. Just drill one set of holes. And remove the hood latch itself, if you don't, as far as my car goes, the latch will put a big hole in the top of the core. Better do that first so you don't forget.

Can I asked how much you paid?

------------------
Craig Turley
[email protected] (1.97 60 ft)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts