·
Registered
85 Posts
^

·
Registered
10,284 Posts
JohnP:
How does the factory rev limiter work? Is it a fuel cut, or does it cut the spark?
I believe[if memory serves],that the stock setup drops injectors.
You get my e-mail about the Spina explaination?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
John: Belated thanks for the coil wire explanation.

Eric at TurboTweaks.com has also confirmed that the Rev Limit is a fuel cut.

This makes it easier to set rev limits with an add on ignition, since there would be no interference with the stock system.

I'll announce when I have the additional code for the dual rev limiters working.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Is the fuel cut soft or hard? soft being the fuel is cut sequentially(letting each injector finish its job, then not being allowed to fire again), hard being the fuel is cut to all injectors at once like flipping a switch.

Nick

·
Fuhgeddaboudit
18,613 Posts
John Spina posted a few years back on the list that the rev limiter cuts the fuel off @ 5750rpm's
(stock chip)

·
Registered
14 Posts
So I take it that the fuel cut is a hard cut.....the injectors are cut off all at once.
I'll jot that in my notebook....."rpm is limited by a hard fuel cut at 5700 rpm...so sayeth ULYCYC" Thanks!

Nick

·
Registered
80 Posts
was this a delco module or a wells that got dissected? I have a dead wells here that I'll work on if the one you already did was a delco. it would be interesting to compare them.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
I have no idea who the manufacture of that module was. I just assumed it was GM.

<small>[ September 24, 2003, 03:30 PM: Message edited by: JohnP ]</small>

·
Registered
80 Posts
The OEM for them is delco, as far as I know. There are aftermarket modules though that were reverse engineered or something, the ones places like autozone sell you are wells modules. They're -much- cheaper than the delcos, so I was curious if the internals are comparable-I want to know if the delcos really are better, or not. I took another look at my leftover parts. it's a -delco- that I have and am dissecting, not a wells. oops. The wells I have is what's on my car right now. I might pop the $75 or $100 or whatever it is for the new wells module just for the hell of it though.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
I'll announce when I have the additional code for the dual rev limiters working.
Wow, that took a while.

I upgraded the Vampire unit and added:

Adjustable, staged rev limiter
Proportional nitrous retard
"Knock-finder" display (option for coil on plug use)

It's not on my site yet, but here are a couple photos:

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Wow, that took a while.

I upgraded the Vampire unit and added:

Adjustable, staged rev limiter
Proportional nitrous retard
"Knock-finder" display (option for coil on plug use)

It's not on my site yet, but here are a couple photos:
I have a few videos about the new Vampire on my channel:

41 - 52 of 52 Posts