Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been haveing a problem with my car for a while now "busting up" when i go over 15 psi i have 42.5lbs inj. atr superpump with a 7th ,te 60 turbo and a atr stripchip. i have trid everything plugs,wires,coil pack,fule pump EVERTHING!!!could this be a bad injector?? my fule pressure leaks down after about a hour. I was told that i cant run 55lbs inj. with my stock comp. is this true? and do i need that much? thank you jason

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
TURBO RACING
Are you running a scan tool?
Is this "busting up" at any specific RPM?
Are you getting any knock retard?
What are your WOT O2 values?
BLM,INT numbers?
We need some scan tool data to look at so we can try to help you.
I am not familliar with the ATR Stripchip. Is it a high octane/high timing race chip?
Are you running pump gas?

Paul

------------------
1972 Toyota Celica with a 87 TR drive train.

·
General Useless POS
1,801 Posts
Prolly weak valve springs

------------------

Jim Testa
1986 Regal T-Type
Stock block, Turbomotion ported heads, PTE 210 roller cam, GNT ported intake, PTE Plenum, 70mm TB, PTE FM IC, MSD 50's, TE61, TPS-TEC, JT Chip, JT 200R4, Vigilante 2800 LU convertor, JT Boxed lower arms, working on girlde....

·
Resident Idiot
11,462 Posts
Which spark plugs?

------------------

Stock Turbo, Stock Heads, Stock CAM, V4, MSD50's, TH DP, JayJackson 62mm TB, 16position MaxEffort Chip. 3750# with Driver
12.35 & 108.39 Street Trim
11.92 @ 111.77 Race Ready
mailto:[email protected][email protected]</A>

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i dont have a scan tool,the heads on my car are fresh new valve springs c-16 gas the plugs are ac 42 gap at 32 thanks jason

·
Resident Idiot
11,462 Posts
Try the AC 43's and report back.

------------------

Stock Turbo, Stock Heads, Stock CAM, V4, MSD50's, TH DP, JayJackson 62mm TB, 16position MaxEffort Chip. 3750# with Driver
12.35 & 108.39 Street Trim
11.92 @ 111.77 Race Ready
mailto:[email protected][email protected]</A>

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Is your fuel pump hot wired?
Did you replace the fuel pump sock?
What fuel pressure are you running?

Since you can't give us a lot of info, we have to take pot shots.

Paul

[This message has been edited by Quick Toy (edited May 17, 2001).]

·
Registered
26 Posts
Jason,

(1) The ATR Stripchip is a high timing chip. Too high, IMO.
(2) You should be able to run decent 11.40s at 117+ on just the 009s with no 7th.
(3) Yes, 55's require that you obtain or otherwise modify the ECM. Dan Smith, a frequent poster on the other TB.com board, can help. Do a search under that name for his profile and his email address will be on it. He did mine and it works great.
(4) I've run R42TS's at .030 with no problem, but then again I'm running 26+ psi.
(5) Ostenseibly "new" coilpacks out of the box can still be bad. I would first spec out the coil pack when cold, then put it in the oven at 200 degrees for 15 minutes, then spec it again.

HTH,
Morgan
'87 GN (11.19 @ 120 at 2300' with 148,500 miles on the unopened motor, bolt-ons only)

·
Registered
34 Posts
I agree with Three on this one, especially #5. The coil pack and module need to be fully inspected. Make sure they are in compliance with the factory specs. I too have seen "out-of-the-box" turn out to be bad. Don't always count on one coming off a working car either ( always test it with a multi-meter first ). Also the ignition tester from one of the venders can't be counted on either. I tested a coil pack with a volt-meter after testing with this device, and the meter showed the secondary side out of spec, while the coil pack tester was showing it to be perfect. HTH....Ken

1 - 12 of 12 Posts