Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone reaffirm my thoughts that with ported stock heads, alky injection, and a PTE44/51 I will need bigger than 36# injectors. that is the combo that I plan to eventually run, and it seems like a good idea to go ahead and get injectors, and pop them in when I do the heads. I just want to be sure that i am not throwing money away by going with the 50's over the bluetops. I will be running 90% iso alky, so that should add a little fueling.

G

·
Alky will not provide any extra fuel. That not the way it works.

Many people have run the combo you have planned on blue tops. In my opinion once you start turning the boost up you will start running out of injector. This will vary from car to car. Getting the 50s would be a good idea. No worries then. Ive had them and they are very nice injectors.

Good Luck
Louie

------------------

87 Grand National
Champion ported intake, alum. heads,210/205 w- T&D 1.65's,Limit Eng. TE 45,THDP, CAS V2, PMAC, 9.5PI LU,Stage Right TB

95 Ford Lightning
One rusty car trailer

·
Resident Idiot
11,462 Posts
Well, I guess it depends on how fast you want to go, and how heavy your car is.

Are the 50's going to be "too much"? No. There are some of us that run the 50's with a stock turbo. Although I haven't gotten the "Is your car really running, I can't tell?!?" comment yet, ask anyone that knows my car, and it idles like glass, at 750rpm in "P/N" and 650rpm in gear. It has MSD 50# injectors and a stock turbo. It's all in the chip.

I always like the idea of having more fuel then you need, as long as there are no adverse affects like crappy gas mileage or uncontrolled fueling. Again, it's all in the chip...

BTW - I got 24MPG on the way home from Moroso. That was doing 80MPH and with the O2's in the double digits. ie. 034, 050, 020, 045...ect.... Nice lean cruise mode. Thanks Steve!

------------------
Email Address: mailto:[email protected][email protected]</A>

Stock Turbo, Stock Heads, Stock CAM, V4, MSD50's, TH DP, JayJackson 62mm TB, 16position MaxEffort Chip. 3750# with Driver
12.35 & 108.39 Street Trim
11.92 @ 111.77 Race Ready

·
Registered
819 Posts
I'm still running blue tops, my car just loves 'em. Am running a Casper's 7th for the extra fuel I need. Tried 009's and 55's and car slowed down. Thinking about 50's now and that will prolly be my next injector.
Everything I've heard about them has been good. I assume Steve can burn me a Max Effort TW for 50's.

------------------

·
Resident Idiot
11,462 Posts
I assume Steve can burn me a Max Effort TW for 50's.
Is a duck's a$$ water tight?

------------------
Email Address: mailto:[email protected][email protected]</A>

Stock Turbo, Stock Heads, Stock CAM, V4, MSD50's, TH DP, JayJackson 62mm TB, 16position MaxEffort Chip. 3750# with Driver
12.35 & 108.39 Street Trim
11.92 @ 111.77 Race Ready

G

·
Originally posted by Mikel:
Someone reaffirm my thoughts that with ported stock heads, alky injection, and a PTE44/51 I will need bigger than 36# injectors. that is the combo that I plan to eventually run, and it seems like a good idea to go ahead and get injectors, and pop them in when I do the heads. I just want to be sure that i am not throwing money away by going with the 50's over the bluetops. I will be running 90% iso alky, so that should add a little fueling.
I would go with the 50's. Either one of those turbo's can take you alot farther than the bluetops can or should safely go.

Don't get me wrong, I know plenty of people who love the bluetops, and I am going to use them myself this year, but I don't intend on going any faster than 11.9's with my TA49. I just think that since you are doing the heads and going with a good sized turbo, you will end up wanting to push your car and go faster than what you can with the bluetops.

I know I am going to catch hell from Grumpy over this!

------------------
Clayton
87 GN: 307FP hotwired, adj FPR, Tomka Cold air kit, Stock turbo, injectors and IC,MM 3"DP, Red's 93 street and Lubrant 110 race chips
Turbolink with boost sensing, Nitto DR's on stock rims
Best time: 12.51 @ 109.18 mph, 1.83 60' @ 20lbs boost

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
hehehehe.....nahhhhh Ill be nice
....ya I love blues but once ya have ported heads ...well I would def go to the 50s..now Jack what do you have for a combo??? seems close to Melissa's car....44, blues, V4. 3" dual exhaust an downpipe....she went 11.5s @ 118 on nittos..we tried 52's on hers an the car slowed down
....now she has the blues back an wont lemme play with the car anymore
guess she's the smart one here..."LEAVE IT ALONE " ok ok hmmmm we need another car!!

------------------

·
Registered
819 Posts
Grumpy...my build sounds a lot like Mellisa's. TA49, V4, THDP, Blue Tops w/Casper's 7th, port matched heads, 2.5" cat back exhaust. One of the mildest builds in the group out here and don't plan on much better than 11.5's @ 120. Any faster and it seems stuff starts breaking on a regular basis. Do need more fuel though as I'm over driving the blue tops in cold weather (what we have of it.)

------------------

G

·
Whenever up-grading injectors, or any other bolt-ons, first establish the absolute fastest MPH, and or, lowest ET you will ever want to run.
Once this has been determined, buy the part that is one step bigger, yet will efficiently and comfortably fit into the recipe. Stick to your original performance goals and adjust boost levels to where you run no faster or quicker than this original goal. The motor will live longer and should your performance goals slightly increase, you still have a bit of safe leeway to shoot for them.

Ron

------------------
Ron's Custom Automotive
Certified NJ Emission Repair Facility
1-800-718-7667
GSCA # 2306 / PR Director
BCA # 26330
www.ronscustomauto.com
[email protected]

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
Ron, Ron, Ron!!!!! you know every car in here is gonna run low 10s anyway

------------------

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
Get the 50's and the PTE51 and you're ready for Grumpy's low 10's
. Good luck.

------------------
WE4, Daily Driver, PTE51, 43lb. Bosch, THDP race cat., Postons Headers, 21/2"SS Ultraflows and pipes, MM93chip, Bilsteins, Airbags/snubber,D40M2, 307 adj.reg./ gauges,scamaster,BSTC,small stuff too.

G

·
Originally posted by Mikel:
Ok thanks, 50's it is, oh well, just money anyway
50's will work fine with stock or P&P heads.

To take full advantage of them, with a TE44 or PT&E51, a bit more boost will be required, than when you were running the Blues.

Ron

------------------
Ron's Custom Automotive
Certified NJ Emission Repair Facility
1-800-718-7667
GSCA # 2306 / PR Director
BCA # 26330
www.ronscustomauto.com
[email protected]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts