Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm lining up to do an late model ECM swap on my 84 Hot Air. A friend gave me his 93 Thrasher chip. I checked my injectors and found them to be Lucas PN# 5207002 which on the gnttype.org are said to be off a chevy 5.0 and have a flow rate of 18.5. This brings two questions. 1.) Will this Thrasher chip work with these injectors? 2.) With a stock turbo, adjustable fuel pressure reg. and other light mods can i run these without be held back until I get a TA-49 turbo and bigger fuel pump? I appreciate you input. THanks

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hummm....well I just rebuilt the motor since it didn't run when I bought it. I haven't even gotten to tune it yet. It's just been run in and out of the garage and idled. So I assume no damage has occured yet. I'll be sure to get them off there. This would explain why it had 5 broken pistons when I bought it. :rolleyes: Any recommendations on what I should get with my current mods? As I said above I have adjustable fuel pressure reg., 93 casper chip on 84 ECM, hooker exhaust and Reed 205 210 cam. In the near future I will be doing an 86/87 ECM swap, LS1 w/Translator. Thanks again Steve. Big time

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Still the 18# injectors are no good for a Hot Air motor correct?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks like a buddy is hooking me up with a pair of stockers for now to use with the thrasher chip and to complete my 86/87 swap. Thanks for your help.

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts