Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the rating (lbs) on stock injectors? How large of an injector can you upgrade to before you must make major changes? Pete

·
OK! Who Farted Again??
17,852 Posts
I may be wrong but aren't stock injectors 28 lbs?
I had bluetops (40) without major upgrades.
Just a dump pipe, K&N filter, chip & 110 gas (basically) & did a 12.7 on dot Hoosiers!

·
Registered
609 Posts
I am not qualified to give you advice because i'm a beginner also.I will tell you that i just bought my car 4months ago and the car was a hard starter i just put in new 57lb high z injectors thursday and now the car starts up really quick and it idles great and cruises smooth.The only problem i have now is just fine tuning it for the track!So,57's with stock stuff and custom chip works better for me than the old stock injectors. powersix
I think most of the GURU'S are busy this evening because i posted a question too and have no replies yet.seems scary quiet tonight

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Stockers were 28 and you can go up to 30s without a chip change.
Changing injectors from my 130,000 mile stockers to some used 30s was the single best upgrade I have made to the car.

·
Register Boozer
3,904 Posts
Yeah, no sh!t, the gurus left us to fend for ourselves. Don't blame them, I couldn't get out of bed this morning myself. Bad case of the brown bottle flu. cheers

Anyway, the fuel system from the factory is barely adequate. And when you get new injectors, you need a chip that matches the flow characteristics of the injector, but when you get past 50 lbs., you get in to the low impedance injectors which require you to modify your ECU.

·
Registered
609 Posts
siemens 57high z injectors are sold thrught RACETRONIX but i bought mine from BOOST PERFORMANCE IN TEXAS HOME OF THE ROCK FARMER.LOL
Look on racetronix website and then scroll down to there vendors and you will see BOOST PERFORMANCE (george )will sell you anything racetronix has and match racetronix price!Keep the money in the states. :)

·
Registered
192 Posts
Boost performance is a Racetronix dealer and acquires injectors through us. We recommend purchasing through a Racetronix dealer when possible as they are able to offer personalized phone support and address support issues locally.

Jack :cool:
Racetronix canada

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
I'm a little surprised that someone from western New York was able to communicate with someone from Texas well enough to place an order. Was there a translator involved?

·
Registered
609 Posts
Ormand:
I'm a little surprised that someone from western New York was able to communicate with someone from Texas well enough to place an order. Was there a translator involved?
This was actually my second order with BOOST PERFORMANCE(GEORGE).George is a very good person he's a straight shooter and does not rush me into the conversation/order!No ;there was not a translator involved,allthough ;i feel like a translator right now though and the funny thing of it all is the fact that i'm from NORTH CAROLINA myself and my wife is from NEW YORK STATE.
Why can't we all just get along!
cheers :D :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts