Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can leaking injectors cause the Blm's to be high,and give a crappy idle?
I had the key on engine off while resetting my TPS and IAC and I could hear the injectors leaking and the fuel pump relay triggering off and on,the fuel pressure gauge was showing that the pressure was bleeding off and then rising back up.
I was hoping that I might have found my main tuning problem,if so bring on some MSD 50's.
Thanks and merry x-mas
Bildo

------------------
Reregistered once again.
Formerly Gnbill2

·
Registered
244 Posts
Hey Bill,

In my experience (which ain't much), leaky injectors will cause a crappy idle, but the BLMs will be low - below 128 - because of the extra fuel getting dumped in there.

Other symptoms are hard start, and fuel smell in the oil and exhaust. As for the FP rising and falling, I don't know. Just give me your car over the winter and I'll have it all good as new in the spring. Yeah, that's the ticket...

Call me if I can help.
Rhett

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
and, the pump should not be coming off and on with the key on, engine off. The pump should only have power for only about two seconds unless it hotwired incorrectly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.