Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some Lucas injectors but don't know what size they are. They have a light blue ring. Numbers on one side are D3165BA, on the other side is just 156, and on the back is 1822. These are from Precision and are only about a week old. Please help me, Thanks.

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
don't know that number, but Lucas is always changing...what does pte say they are? They should know

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I talked to Joe at PTE and he wasen't even sure which ones they are. The injectors clearly has the number D3165 BA , but he says the number he has for 38lbers is D3165 8A.

·
Fuhgeddaboudit
18,613 Posts
Part Number Delphi D3165BA (Lucas old 5203002, Lucas New 621037)
Static Flow Rate: 37.27 lb/hr @ 43.5PSI (300kPa) or 282gm/min
Dynamic Flow Rate: 8.42 gm/pulse - 2.5ms pulse width and 10ms repetition rate
Coil Resistance: 15.9 Ohms / High Impedance / High-Z (No ECM driver modifications required)

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
Yep, that is them. We used to call them 40# red stripes, but, later, they had a green stripe, and now blue. 38 is a more apt description as shown above.

I believe Delphi bought Lucas recently and we will see some more screwy numbers, before it is over. :)

·
Fuhgeddaboudit
18,613 Posts
Delphi bought out Lucas about two years ago. I guess there getting around to screwing up all the part numbers. By the time they print part sheets somebody will buy them up wink

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
Man, I am way behind! Maybe I better go vote again before I catch up! :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you guys, I really appreciate your help thumb_up

<small>[ June 24, 2003, 06:01 PM: Message edited by: Way2Slow ]</small>

·
too many toys
1,206 Posts
I just picked up some used green stripe injectors.The guy I bought them from said they were 30#.Is this right?I was just reading the other post that said older green stripes were 40# thats why Im asking. dunno

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
color of the ring has virtually nothing to do with it in spite of popular terminology.

Give us the numbers off the injector.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts